MoviePass - 1 movie per day (no 3-D, IMAX and some premium audio/video theaters excluded) for $10 per month.

Dome

On 12/23/2017 at 1:18 AM, domepatrol91 said:
On 12/20/2017 at 10:46 PM, ohiogenius said:

Yeah its a decent trade for them to get your information and usage details they can sell to advertisers 

I can live with this trade.

Just use privacy.com for payment masking and a sudoapp.com email if you care about keeping your data private. They’ll get the data, but it won’t be attached to anything about you.

My girlfriend and I got it as soon as the price changed. Used the plan above to keep our data private. We use it all the time and see way more movies than we would have otherwise. Neither of us really care about seeing a movie opening week (aside from maybe 1-2 movies a year, which would be in IMAX anyway), so we have never had an issue with just showing up and getting a ticket. Anytime we hear about a movie we might find interesting, we just go to the theater and grab tickets.

One of the nicest things is you can still get Regal Crown Club and other theater rewards program points with it. So we put those all on one card, and every 4 or so times we go, we also get a free large popcorn and drink. 

20 hours ago, iPwn said:

One of the nicest things is you can still get Regal Crown Club and other theater rewards program points with it. So we put those all on one card, and every 4 or so times we go, we also get a free large popcorn and drink. 

We do this too.... works wonders

I actually heard about this a while ago, but then there was some scandal(?) around the pricing? Has that been resolved so now it's still $10/m? My girlfriend and I go to 2-3 movies per month, so for $10/m it's insanely cheaper than $60 or whatever we normally spend to see 3 movies at $20-$25 per ticket.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

I actually heard about this a while ago, but then there was some scandal(?) around the pricing? Has that been resolved so now it's still $10/m? My girlfriend and I go to 2-3 movies per month, so for $10/m it's insanely cheaper than $60 or whatever we normally spend to see 3 movies at $20-$25 per ticket.

It’s worked at all the theaters I’ve tried, no scandal that I’m aware of.

Just if it wasn’t clear, you would each need a MoviePass subscription if you both wanted to use a MP card for admission. One subscription is good for just one ticket per day. 

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

It’s worked at all the theaters I’ve tried, no scandal that I’m aware of.

Just if it wasn’t clear, you would each need a MoviePass subscription if you both wanted to use a MP card for admission. One subscription is good for just one ticket per day. 

Well $20/m is still the price of one person's admission ticket for one movie here in Portland lol so still saving money! I'll look into it.

5 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Well $20/m is still the price of one person's admission ticket for one movie here in Portland lol so still saving money! I'll look into it.

I’m right across the river :D

• 6 months later...

I knew it wouldn’t be sustainable. My local theater is only $2.50 a movie so I’d have to go 5 times in a month to save money with movie pass so I never got into it. But for the rest of you spending $10/month to see however many movies you wanted, you were saving buckets. Kinda sad to see it fail so quickly. 

Archived