Week 16 GDT - Jacksonville Jaguars @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

So who the hell could have predicted a three game win streak when we were 0-9? At that point it was a real question if we were going to even win a game or two. Jimmy G for president!!!

Speaking of Jimmy G, his first true test against an elite defense. Heck, the best defense in the league. Goodwin could be taken out of the game by either Bouye or Ramsey, so this might be the week Kittle explodes. Taylor in the slot is another guy I think will get a lot of targets this week. 

Jags are able to generate pressure without blitzing and they get a lot of pressure from their interior DL, so the OL is in store for a rough week. So far Jimmy G has looked solid vs pressure, but this is a different animal.

Bortles has been playing arguably his best ball of his career as of late and our secondary is suspect to say the least. I think we will be able to contain their run game fairly well, but it comes down to getting pressure on Bortles. I don't think we will be able to get enough, and he should have his fourth consecutive good game.

I do hope Mabin returns so he could rotate in with Johnson, something that definitely needs to happen. It is clear at this point that Johnson shouldn't be in our future plans so it will be good to see what exactly we have in Mabin. 

Our win streak finally comes to an end this week.

Jags 24 49ers 16

7 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Thank you for the help last week.

im excited about this game. Jimmy’s quick release could give us problems. 

He hasn’t seen a defense like this, so it will be a good test for him. 

We will rush 4 and drop 7 a lot.

good luck on Sunday 

I think it'll end badly for us, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how Jimmy G does against you guys, even if we aren't at full strength on the line (missing Trent Brown) and receiver (Garcon on IR). You guys have destroyed some really good quarterbacks, so if he performs well, I'm going to get very excited about our future, even if the game ends ugly. 

Good luck to you guys sunday, and in the playoffs. Looking forward to seeing this improved Blake Bortles, to be honest. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Another Jimmy G video... 

I saw that one too and wanted to post it, but lazy, you know...

It's just amazing. All these pointers he gives to the guys, all the time, the little details, all of this is making him great. And the encouragement, the nicknames, the excitement. For a freakin' second rounder! He's what every team is hoping to get when they pick someone first overall, except that we haven't had to spend a first overall pick on him, and he's past most of the growing pains already.

What I want for christmas is to let my brothers know I got my QB. 

19 hours ago, Forge said:

Should be noted that not all of those guys have played every game, so they should have an asterisk, but on the whole, Goodwin is looking like a really good signing. 

When we fired Chip Kelly, I noted that I wanted Shanahan because he constantly got career bests out of skill position guys. It is not surprising that Goodwin/Celek have each had a career year already, and we're just warming up.

Archived