Week 16 GDT - Jacksonville Jaguars @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, Forge said:

He got mad when I called him an average left tackle about midway through the season. He's been a monster after that. 

Joe is simply good when he wants to. If he's happy and the team is going somewhere, he works his butt off. Otherwise, he's prone to not giving a [censored]. You can even see it with Twitter. From 2011 to 2013, he was tweeting often. From 2014 until last year, I'm not sure if he tweeted even once a year. And then, this year, he started retweeting stuff, reply to people, etc. If Joe's happy, Joe's playing well.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wow, I think Rudy just unlocked a new method of grading a player. Check how much that player has tweeted or retweeted. 

I just noticed that for Joe. When he seems really unhappy, he stops tweeting. He seemed happy with the signing of Kyle last year, he even thought about resurrecting the Joe Show. I feel he was more motivated this year, and when he's motivated, he plays better. He's not the highest character player out there. Joe Thomas played on terrible teams his entire career and his play never dipped. Our Joe is not like that. I think he's just more emotional, and if the team isn't going well, it affects him, and his play (and his tweeting). Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Staley had one last (perhaps) probowl next year.

Honestly, Joe has been pretty damn good even if his play has slightly dipped. He's no longer one of the top three or so LTs in the game so he won't play well for all 16 games, but still pretty damn good. I think he has another three or so years of good play left in him. Hopefully we make another serious run or two so he could win a ring.

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, Joe has been pretty damn good even if his play has slightly dipped. He's no longer one of the top three or so LTs in the game so he won't play well for all 16 games, but still pretty damn good. I think he has another three or so years of good play left in him. Hopefully we make another serious run or two so he could win a ring.

He played much better this year than he did last year. Last year was probably the worst I had seen him since the beginning. Quite frankly, he just wasn't all that good. 

57 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Remarkable how quickly he can still get downfield on running plays - one of the things he's pretty near the best at.

Archived