Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

22 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Was at the last 3 games and had a blast. At least until the bullpen came in Saturday. 

I saw a report that Kimbrel was only asking around 3 years 50 million? I'd be all over that. Still doubt we do though. 

Where did you see that?  Last I saw, Kimbrel was still searching for 5 years, $100M or something around that.

2 hours ago, pwny said:

I guess I'll believe it when I see it.  Don't see him settling for that kind of deal.  Him going from a 6 year to a 3 year deal seems unlikely.  He's going to want four years minimum.  And I can't see him settling for less than $16M.  So right there, you're looking at 4 years, $64M.  And it wouldn't surprise me if he was offering for less years with a higher AAV.

17 hours ago, pwny said:

Definitely squaring the ball up much more this year.  With Rizz, KB and Meatball hitting like crap, I'd hate to see what the record would be without Heyward/Willy/Javy/Bote all hitting so well.

17 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Besides the Brewers game, Q has been dealing.

He looks like a new pitcher as well.  Regained his confidence out there.

17 hours ago, pwny said:

Started 1-6, now 8-9. Slowly digging out of that hole. 

FTFY.  7-3 over the last 10.  Of course it helps when 3 of them are against the Marlins.  

I still don't love the move in hindsight, but Hamels is certainly living up to his part of the bargain.  He's been unbelievable as a Cub.

10 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I really, really enjoy watching Javy Baez play baseball.  Without any hesitation of a doubt, he is the most entertaining player to watch in the game.

Anyone with a pulse should enjoy Javy. I really want him to win MVP this year. He was so close last year.