Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

14 minutes ago, pwny said:

Julianna deleted her Twitter and Instagram yesterday. Today, the Instagram is back up, but comments are locked and according to others, all recent pictures with Ben have been removed. The latest one with him was in October, but I also don’t know if she deleted them or if she just didn’t post any recently with him.

Damn, that's no bueno.  

21 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Swapping Russell in for Zobrist makes this team infinitely less likeable, and that pisses me off.  

But yeah, I hope it's nothing serious with the Zobrists.

Zobrist hasn't been very good anyway, but I get what you mean. 

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

What's going on with Heyward's defense? Does he look like he's doing poorly out there? It's still early, but both Fangraphs and Baseball-Reference have him worth negative value in the field so far. 

Combination of him getting a lot of reps in CF, and a really unusual amount of errors in the early going.  Heyward hasn't had more than 3 errors in an entire season since 2012.  He has 4 this year and it's not even the middle of May.  It's likely a fluke and his defensive numbers will climb throughout the season.

Good weekend series, taking 2 of 3 from the Brewers.  Disappointed in the offense (1 for 26 with RISP the entire series, seriously), but the pitching was great.  Lester is ridiculous right now.

Some moderation stuff got changed a little over a year ago, and I wasn’t able to edit thread titles anymore. I finally was able to figure out a way to take control again, so for the first time in two years, we get an update. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pwny said:

Some moderation stuff got changed a little over a year ago, and I wasn’t able to edit thread titles anymore. I finally was able to figure out a way to take control again, so for the first time in two years, we get an update. 

Honestly, I was still pretty happy with the title.