Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

13 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

How? I agree we are, but how in this situation? 

15 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Needlessly spending =/= penny pinching.  I have absolutely zero issues with them not working on an extension for Rizzo yet.

I should have probably specified that I was including more than this situation. 

Anyway, can't wait to hear Bryant rumors for the entire year

2 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

I should have probably specified that I was including more than this situation. 

Anyway, can't wait to hear Bryant rumors for the entire year

That's certainly fair.  The hesitance to continually go over the LT is annoying, considering the cash cow that this team is.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So it is clear now that Ricketts has set a hard spending cap at the LT limit.   Heaven forbid the poor family that just sold Ameritrade for $28 Billion has to pay $7 million in luxury tax out of their what, $150 million profits each year?  The poor family that bought the team 10 years ago for $700 million, and has seen its value appreciate to over $3.1 Billion in that time?  The same family that previously said they would put the profits back into the team?

Billionaires gonna billionaire.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

So it is clear now that Ricketts has set a hard spending cap at the LT limit.   Heaven forbid the poor family that just sold Ameritrade for $28 Billion has to pay $7 million in luxury tax out of their what, $150 million profits each year?  The poor family that bought the team 10 years ago for $700 million, and has seen its value appreciate to over $3.1 Billion in that time?  The same family that previously said they would put the profits back into the team?

It’s so frustrating. I just want us to do something. 

On 12/23/2019 at 10:55 AM, hrubes20 said:

All the more reason to tax the living hell out of them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...