Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

17 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Good thing about the game being postponed is we shouldn't need call anyone up to Start either game of the doubleheader Saturday. 

But now we have a stretch of 23 games in 23 days, with some sizeable travel distances.  The Braves should have to forfeit the game for building a new stadium that doesn't have a roof.  Terrible.

22 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

That was ******* terrible. 1-16 with RISP. 27 LOB. And Justin Wilson needs to not be on this team anymore. Can’t be losing to this ****ty Reds team like that.

For all the frustrations one had for that one, the second game of the double header went the exact opposite way. Q with a one hit outing and the offense just mashed.

19 hours ago, iPwn said:

For all the frustrations one had for that one, the second game of the double header went the exact opposite way. Q with a one hit outing and the offense just mashed.

Yeah, I overreacted.  I had to put my dog down (**** cancer) and REALLY needed a DH sweep.  It hurt even worse when they lost in such a ridiculous fashion.

19 hours ago, iPwn said:

Haha.  What the actual ****?  I know defensive metrics are borderline worthless anymore, but that takes the cake.  Although to be fair, he has looked a good deal better as of late.  And with that said, he'll boot 2 balls and trip over his own feet tomorrow.  

Schwarber seems like Soriano 2.0 in the field. He has a really good arm (that's why the metrics love him so far I think) but he's just awkward out there. He makes everything look like an adventure even if he makes the play, and his screw-ups tend to be very memorable. The overall package actually ends up being passable, but his mistakes stick out so much that it makes you wonder how he could possibly be above average. 

I think he’s rated so high because baserunners are more aggressive when he’s fielding - because of the known issues - and that’s allowed him to throw out an abnormally high amount of baserunners who got too aggressive.

14 hours ago, iPwn said:

This is definitely the worst game I have ever been to. 

I don't envy you for having to watch that.  My son had teeball, so I only caught the first 2 innings.  Enough to know that Chatwood (Shatwood?  Walkwood?) had absolutely nothing going yesterday.  He'd been walking a tightrope all season with his ridiculous walk rate, and it finally bit him.  I'm more concerned about Montgomery though.  I didn't watch him yesterday, but the results were terrible, and his past few outings seemed like he didn't give a rat's ***.  I know he was vocal about being a starter this offseason, but I would hope he would be professional enough to get over that.

27 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I don't envy you for having to watch that.  My son had teeball, so I only caught the first 2 innings.  Enough to know that Chatwood (Shatwood?  Walkwood?) had absolutely nothing going yesterday.  He'd been walking a tightrope all season with his ridiculous walk rate, and it finally bit him.  I'm more concerned about Montgomery though.  I didn't watch him yesterday, but the results were terrible, and his past few outings seemed like he didn't give a rat's ***.  I know he was vocal about being a starter this offseason, but I would hope he would be professional enough to get over that.

It was made worse by the fact that we had an obnoxious Stoolie behind us who was heckling the beer vendors who walked by for no damned reason and being obnoxiously loud.