Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

3 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Thought I heard he might play in the game tonight. 

Yeah, he got an AB and some field work in during the ****show that just ended.  He's fine.

But FFS, Joe.  Brandon Morrow is a really ******* good closer.  ******* use him when your team has a 1 run lead in the 9th inning.  What the actual **** was he thinking?  I mean, I KNOW he was thinking that Wilson would be a good matchup with the 2 lefties up in the 9th, but WHY would he think that would be preferable to Morrow?  I shouldn't be this angry about losing a Chatwood start, as those are always automatic losses in my mind, but they had this one in the bag.  Someone needs to take over control of the pitching from Joe. 

5 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

But FFS, Joe.  Brandon Morrow is a really ******* good closer.  ******* use him when your team has a 1 run lead in the 9th inning.  What the actual **** was he thinking?  I mean, I KNOW he was thinking that Wilson would be a good matchup with the 2 lefties up in the 9th, but WHY would he think that would be preferable to Morrow?  I shouldn't be this angry about losing a Chatwood start, as those are always automatic losses in my mind, but they had this one in the bag.  Someone needs to take over control of the pitching from Joe. 

Turns out Morrow screwed up his back yesterday and isn’t available.

14 hours ago, iPwn said:

Turns out Morrow screwed up his back yesterday and isn’t available.

Yeah, that came out in the postgame interview after my tirade on here.  Joe is still miserable at managing a pitching staff, but it's good to know he's not quite as bad as I was willing to think he was.  

On 6/20/2018 at 1:01 PM, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, that came out in the postgame interview after my tirade on here.  Joe is still miserable at managing a pitching staff, but it's good to know he's not quite as bad as I was willing to think he was.  

Yeah Joe has been getting on my nerves lately with his bullpen decisions. 

16 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Yeah Joe has been getting on my nerves lately with his bullpen decisions. 

He gets a bit of a pass due to his 2 best relievers being hurt, but he's never been good in this area.

Also......um.........Jason Heyward.  He's actually really good right now.  He's the 2015 version of himself, which I didn't think would ever be seen again.  The defensive metrics for some reason don't love him in 2018, but anybody who's watched him knows he's the same plus-plus defender out there.  This is the guy the Cubs signed.

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

What did I miss? Why did Farrell start yesterday? 

We had that double header on Tuesday and no rest between then. Just a spot start to get guys back on normal rest.