Jump to content

Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

No you tagged hrubes and I when we were in first calling us quitters. I’m not gonna stop posting, you can’t make me

I didn't know I tagged hpubes thanks for telling me something I already. Wow you are special and not a in a good way at all. You falsely, twice now, said that I did something that I didn't do. You got serious problem, get help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bootsy said:

Complete bs. Starting in 2017 the Cubs acquired Quintana, Castellanos, Darvish, Chatwood, Morrow, Cishek, Kimbrel, Wade Davis either via trade or free agency. There is no way in hell you can sit up and tell me that the Ricketts closed the purse strings completely while a competitive window was still open. They gave Theo/Jed plenty of resources to acquire those players. The people to blame during that time are the players that in some cases significantly underperformed during that time. Stop acting like the Ricketts are some cheap owners like the Pirates or Marlins that won't give their front office the resources to go out and get players because they did.

 

As far as that Yu Darvish trade, goodness man get the **** over that guy. He is not close to what you make him out to be. He's always hurt, chokes in the biggest moments, and on the wrong side of 30. There is no way I am every going to cry as much as you do about Darvish. Not at that age and his injury history.

Since 2018, Darvish and Kimbrel have been the only sizeable FA deals given by the Cubs, and Kimbrel was only allowed to happen because Zobrist's wife decided to cheat on him with their pastor/marriage counselor, causing him to abruptly step away from the team and forfeit his remaining salary.  The past 3 years they have brought in nothing of consequence to help bolster the "core" during what should have been 3 years of contention.  Do the Dodgers/Yankees/Red Sox sit on their hands for 3 straight years in FA during years of contention?  No, they don't.  Big markets don't get extra draft picks, so they need to spend the money to keep that advantage, and the Cubs have a substantial advantage on the rest of the NL Central in this regard.  But the Ricketts decided they were no longer willing to allow the team to spend at all the past 3 years, for the sole purpose of them being able to spend the millions elsewhere (see: political donations or real estate development).  

The players absolutely deserve blame for underperforming the past 3 years.  I 100% agree.  But as an organization, you can't just expect players to magically jump back to MVP form or to maintain perfect health.  The Cubs needed to bolster those underperforming players, and they absolutely could have through FA.  But as stated above, the option was taken away from the FO the past 3 years so they were forced to trot out essentially the same team year after year, with the hope that the improvements would magically happen and that the holes in the roster would magically fill themselves.  

Regarding Yu Darvish, please let me know how I am exaggerating.  Literally every stat/metric you can find shows him to be, by far, more valuable than any pitcher on the Cubs roster yet again this year.  That is what I have consistently said he would be.  That's what the Cubs needed in what should have been a year where they hoped to compete.  He was traded purely for financial reasons from a team in the top 4 of revenue generating teams in the league.  That should never happen, and is why that trade is so lambasted by most of the baseball world.  Jed at least saved the organization a bit by getting back Reggie Preciado and Owen Caissie, who are both blowing up this year in their debuts.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bootsy said:

I didn't know I tagged hpubes thanks for telling me something I already. Wow you are special and not a in a good way at all. You falsely, twice now, said that I did something that I didn't do. You got serious problem, get help.

I am 100% correct. Your hysterical reaction tells me I am right 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Since 2018, Darvish and Kimbrel have been the only sizeable FA deals given by the Cubs, and Kimbrel was only allowed to happen because Zobrist's wife decided to cheat on him with their pastor/marriage counselor, causing him to abruptly step away from the team and forfeit his remaining salary.  The past 3 years they have brought in nothing of consequence to help bolster the "core" during what should have been 3 years of contention.  Do the Dodgers/Yankees/Red Sox sit on their hands for 3 straight years in FA during years of contention?  No, they don't.  Big markets don't get extra draft picks, so they need to spend the money to keep that advantage, and the Cubs have a substantial advantage on the rest of the NL Central in this regard.  But the Ricketts decided they were no longer willing to allow the team to spend at all the past 3 years, for the sole purpose of them being able to spend the millions elsewhere (see: political donations or real estate development).  

The players absolutely deserve blame for underperforming the past 3 years.  I 100% agree.  But as an organization, you can't just expect players to magically jump back to MVP form or to maintain perfect health.  The Cubs needed to bolster those underperforming players, and they absolutely could have through FA.  But as stated above, the option was taken away from the FO the past 3 years so they were forced to trot out essentially the same team year after year, with the hope that the improvements would magically happen and that the holes in the roster would magically fill themselves.  

Regarding Yu Darvish, please let me know how I am exaggerating.  Literally every stat/metric you can find shows him to be, by far, more valuable than any pitcher on the Cubs roster yet again this year.  That is what I have consistently said he would be.  That's what the Cubs needed in what should have been a year where they hoped to compete.  He was traded purely for financial reasons from a team in the top 4 of revenue generating teams in the league.  That should never happen, and is why that trade is so lambasted by most of the baseball world.  Jed at least saved the organization a bit by getting back Reggie Preciado and Owen Caissie, who are both blowing up this year in their debuts.

 

We'll just have to agree to disagree on some things. That's ok. Let's move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

I am 100% correct. Your hysterical reaction tells me I am right 

You've been wrong this whole time. YOU bumped up this thread when we were in first place. I showed you that.

Edited by bootsy
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2021 at 4:03 PM, bootsy said:

 

The same guy that said all of these things is now going to this card:

Yu Darvish? We need a good SP but  I'm good on Yu plus he's is an underperformer in the playoffs. If we get there he is not the guy I want to depend on. He served his purpose and we've moved on nicely so far. Stick to your original prediction you stated above.

 

On 6/8/2021 at 8:30 PM, bootsy said:

It means Yu Darvish sucks in the postseason and I don't miss him at all. It also means you gave up on this team the first week of the season. That's what it means. Not hard to understand unless it's you.

 

 

On 6/21/2021 at 3:03 PM, bootsy said:

You can sigh all you want. You quit in the first few days. Sigh my ***. QUITTER. hquitter20.

 

On 6/21/2021 at 3:16 PM, bootsy said:

Sigh

You in June. You've been been throwing a fit because people rightfully hated the direction the Ricketts pushed us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 5:17 PM, bootsy said:

 

There is no way you can judge this team or any team after 3 freaking games. 

 

On 4/6/2021 at 4:47 PM, bootsy said:

It's 3 games you and no one else can't tell what this team is going to be like. Just absolutely silly to even say we're the exact same team. You no idea right now.

You in May. Everybody but you pretty much agreed we were in for a rough year. You threw quite the tantrum when all this was pointed out.

Edited by Breesus mode
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

 

 

 

You in June. You've been been throwing a fit because people rightfully hated the direction the Ricketts pushed us.

No **** dummy I already told you the days I posted. None of that says 'we are going to win the division'(I'm still waiting for you to tell me where I said we were going to win the division.) and none of it says 'I posted right after we had the division lead'. YOU did that. I have been posting on here since the season started.

 

And lol at me throwing a fit. No I've been telling you how stupid you are for quitting after 3 games into the season and other stupid **** like blaming everyone but the actual players. All of which deserved to be called out.

I'm trying to move on from this but you won't let it go even though you are 100% wrong. Who does that? You do. You've been painted into a corner because you know I didn't say those things and now you are trying to save face with this bs. Admit it you failed.

You are a idiot beyond comprehension who has a 1st grade level education.

Edited by bootsy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bootsy said:

No **** dummy I already told you the days I posted. None of that says 'we are going to win the division'(I'm still waiting for you to tell me where I said we were going to win the division.) and none of it says 'I posted right after we had the division lead'. YOU did that. I have been posting on here since the season started.

 

And lol at me throwing a fit. No I've been telling you how stupid you are for quitting after 3 games into the season and other stupid **** like blaming everyone but the actual players. All of which deserved to be called out.

I'm trying to move on from this but you won't let it go even though you are 100% wrong. Who does that? You do. You've been painted into a corner because you know I didn't say those things and now you are trying to save face with this bs. Admit it you failed.

You are a idiot beyond comprehension who has a 1st grade level education.

Syntax, context, and connotations help well-educated folks infer meaning beyond what people actually say. Which is a fun way of saying your toxic reaction to posts pointing out we were not going to be a very good team tell me you expected to compete for the division. You don't have to explicitly state it, your posts make it pretty clear.

The post where you quoted hrubes and I mocking us for being down on the team at the start of the season while we were in first is exactly what I was referring to.

The hysterical rants are absolutely you throwing a tantrum. Its not stupid to lament the Cubs were gonna be a bad team at the start of the season, we've declined every year since the World Series. The players deserve far les blame for the Cubs decline than our owners deciding to stop putting money in the team.

I am correct, you are throwing a fit because you don't like being called out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Syntax, context, and connotations help well-educated folks infer meaning beyond what people actually say. Which is a fun way of saying your toxic reaction to posts pointing out we were not going to be a very good team tell me you expected to compete for the division. You don't have to explicitly state it, your posts make it pretty clear.

The post where you quoted hrubes and I mocking us for being down on the team at the start of the season while we were in first is exactly what I was referring to.

The hysterical rants are absolutely you throwing a tantrum. Its not stupid to lament the Cubs were gonna be a bad team at the start of the season, we've declined every year since the World Series. The players deserve far les blame for the Cubs decline than our owners deciding to stop putting money in the team.

I am correct, you are throwing a fit because you don't like being called out. 

Antoine Dodson Reaction GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Breesus mode said:

Take the L

Take your first grade classes again.

200.gif

 

This is actually more fitting since you things that you've made up in your head about what I said seem to be hard for you to comprehend that I didn't say them. 

200.gif

I'm still waiting for you to find where I said we would win the division. Find it for me jackass. I'm waiting and you haven't found it yet. You've been taking L's for the lies and bulls.hit you've been spewing.

Edited by bootsy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...