Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

The pitching yesterday was just terrible.  Q gets a pass due to all the rain delays and the interruptions (Greinke wasn't great either), but the bullpen was terrible.  I'm waiting for the really good version of Justin Wilson to show up.  He hasn't looked good in his first 2 appearanes as a Cub and Edwards couldn't find the zone to save his life.  Edwards is scaring me a little bit, tbh.

Damn.  Addy to the DL with a foot issue.  Guy just can't catch a break health-wise this year.  He battled the shoulder for months, was finally healthy and hitting well (125 wRC+ since ASB), and now this foot thing.  (Obligatory mention that if he is found to have been smacking around his wife, he's dead to me).  

17 hours ago, malak1 said:

He's been insane since the end of April.

FTFY.

Since May 1: 129 wRC+ 

Since June 2: 141 wRC+ 

Since July 1: 180 wRC+ 

Since August 1: 338 wRC+ (just for fun)

Posey still gets the nod for best C in the game right now, but there isn't anyone I would take over Willy for 2018 going forward.  

2 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Good Lord.  2 more bombs today.  I still probably lean Posey, but it's getting to the point where it's at least debatable.  Willy has been unreal.

Posey probably is the conventional choice. But I’m going full homer with this.

D.J. Wilson in 118 PAs since coming off the DL from a foot injury that was nagging him this season:  .307/.393/.663, 10.2% BB, 15.3% K, .303 BABIP, and 5 SBs.  This keeps alive the Mookie-lite comps he was given after instructs. He and Aramis Ademan are my 2 favorite farm hands now that Eloy/Paredes have been dealt.  

Speaking of Ademan, he was promoted to full season A ball after the Paredes trade and is hitting really well as an 18 year old there.  He's going to stick at SS and be above average there, so he's certainly one to watch.  

Willy out for 4-6 weeks with a strained hammy.  KB a punch and judy since the finger and ankle injuries.  Rizz dealing with back tightness.  Zobrist with the wrist injury all year.  Addy on the DL with a foot injury.  Heyward with the shoulder injury.  Uehara to the DL with a neck injury.  Rondon battling a back injury.  Edwards battling dead arm.

It would appear the good injury luck in 2016 (minus Meatball) is averaging out and we are getting 2 year's worth of injuries all at once.  Yeesh.