Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

9 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Davis pitched for the 4th time in 5 days and was filthy.  That's very reassuring as we potentially head into the playoffs.

Just gotta make sure we get him enough rest beforehand so that we can make sure he’s not gonna have problems pulling those out during a potential long playoff run.

2 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Nice to see us finally edge out the division. Injuries have really hurt this year. (Been watching, haven't been able to post much with how busy I've been).

Not over yet. Other teams have collapsed in this situation before. 

13 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Its gonna be okay, these aren't the cursed Cubs that probably would collapse.

If we get swept by the Brewers again, it’s an even race with them to the finish.

I don’t expect them to collapse. But they’re not out of the woods yet.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

If we get swept by the Brewers again, it’s an even race with them to the finish.

I don’t expect them to collapse. But they’re not out of the woods yet.  

There's a non-zero chance of it, for sure.  But the team is playing great baseball at exactly the right time; key guys are getting healthy; and this group is experienced in meaningful games.  Milwaukee is 4 games back in the loss column with only 11 games for them to play and 12 more for the Cubs.  I have a surprising little amount of anxiety about the Cubs missing the playoffs right now.  Yes, the Brewers swept the Cubs a couple series ago. But that was without Contreras or Russell in the lineup and Jimmy Nelson (out for year) started one of the games.

Just now, hrubes20 said:

I have a surprising little amount of anxiety about the Cubs missing the playoffs right now.

Oh, I don’t either. I’m far more worried about when we clinch (in order to rest starters and Pen arms) and getting into the playoffs healthy than the idea that we may not make the playoffs. But non-zero is non-zero. 

12 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

So we got a 5.5 game lead in the division with 7 to go. I'm finally starting to feel comfortable were getting in. What do you guys want the rotation to look like? 

Arrieta, Hendricks, Lester, Quintana?

That's my thought anyway. 

I honestly go with a Lester/Lackey piggyback in the 4 spot.  Lackey's pitched pretty well in the 2nd half and Lester has been a disaster.  But Lester is Lester and you never know if he's gonna turn it on for the playoffs.  There's no question though that the top 3 should be Arrieta/Hendricks/Q.  All three are hitting their strides at the perfect time.  Q was ridiculous yesterday.