Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

19 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

0-5 again so far today, through 3 innings.  Sigh.

Ended 0-7.  Bigger sigh.

12 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Missed the 2nd half of the game, but looking at the box score, I see that's the Wilson that I'm use to. 

Dude seriously is a mental midget.  He gave up the solo HR to Polanco, but he's a good hitter and it's gonna happen from time to time.  He looked good against Frazier and then Marte right after the HR, but when Bell walked after a 7 pitch AB he just lost it.  Hopefully it was a blip, as he was pitching really well before that.  

It's a Yu day today!  

Hot Takes incoming:

- Game postponed today already.  Just don't play at Wrigley until May.

-  Strop really should never be in the game against the Cards.  He's fantastic against all other clubs, but his blowups are seemingly always facing the Cards.

-  Meatball just might be Adam Dunn 2.0.

-  My disappointment with the rotation early in the season so far knows no bounds.

-  Javy is the most exciting player to watch in all of baseball when he's clicking at the plate, like he is right now.  158 wRC+ with a laughable .212 BABIP, despite an absurd 44.7% hard hit rate.

Why do all of our starting pitchers stink so far? Is it the new pitching coach? Have they actually taken the rest too far? I know that they're talked about easing guys in during spring training and limiting workload early in the season, but does that mean that we now have pitchers that aren't ready for the regular season? 

A lot of the guys that seemed to be doing well early in the season, like Heyward and Russell, are now scuffling at the plate too.