Bears re-sign TE Marcedes Lewis

SteelKing728

I remember him as a guy I'd draft in Madden 2006 (back when you could import draft classes from NCAA 2006). His height, jump and speed was basically a no brainer, he was a 99 within three seasons and a dangerous RZ threat. 

He's a tale of doing one obscure thing very well in the league - dominant blocking kept this guy making millions for 19 years.

• Like 6

Solid TE3. Hopefully don't see him much, but if Kmet goes down he handles in in-line blocking and Everett acts as the move end. If Everett goes down then Kmet stays in the same role until 12 personnel is used, then he becomes the move end. 

Also if Borom has to play significant time of Jones or Wright goes down, he might be the one used to help keep Williams from dying. 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I remember him as a guy I'd draft in Madden 2006 (back when you could import draft classes from NCAA 2006). His height, jump and speed was basically a no brainer, he was a 99 within three seasons and a dangerous RZ threat. 

He's a tale of doing one obscure thing very well in the league - dominant blocking kept this guy making millions for 19 years.

Tip Reiman be like

• Like 1

In a league where careers are so short, this guy's still going at age 40? Jesus Christ.

Just looked it up and I do believe he's the 2nd oldest player in the league, after only Aaron Rodgers (who plays a position less reliant on athleticism, obviously). The next oldest player (excluding QBs, Ks, Ps, and LSers) currently on a roster right now I believe is Trent Williams who's over 4 years younger (and the next youngest non-lineman is Travis Kelce, who is nearly 6 years younger). That's pretty insane.

• Like 2