Sheldon potentially returning to Jets

rdelaney89

This is unexpected. Whether we get Richardson or not, this confirms Wilkerson is gone.

But I have to say, this sounds fishy. The Jets hold everything close to vest. And all of sudden a leak comes out when we can get flagged for tampering. Not sure how much I believe this. Especially because part of the reason we let him go was because of off the field issues. 

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

This is unexpected. Whether we get Richardson or not, this confirms Wilkerson is gone.

But I have to say, this sounds fishy. The Jets hold everything close to vest. And all of sudden a leak comes out when we can get flagged for tampering. Not sure how much I believe this. Especially because part of the reason we let him go was because of off the field issues. 

No we traded him because we thought we wouldn't be able to retain him. We took what ever we could get. Since that trade was made his value has decreased from what it would have been and we now want to boot out Wilkerson. Don't forget the whole reason Macc signed Mo to that deal was so we'd have an out after 2 years to decide between him and Richardson.

Would feel like Seattle gave us free draft picks if he was to return.  Wilk is gone no matter how people spin it. They are not going to take on the cap hit for someone who didn't perform well and continues to get in trouble with the team. If we did resign Shel, all I can do is hope his attitude is better. One thing I can say is that he never gave up on the field, even when he was out of position.

I’m sure we don’t even think about it unless he can show maturity. Bc let’s be real we cut him Bc he’s immature and we will cut Mo Bc he’s immature. Do we really want to go right back down that path again. The good thing is bc if suspensions and not as high of a play as Mo had in his contract year, he might cost 1/2 of what Mo costs us.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m sure we don’t even think about it unless he can show maturity. Bc let’s be real we cut him Bc he’s immature and we will cut Mo Bc he’s immature. Do we really want to go right back down that path again. The good thing is bc if suspensions and not as high of a play as Mo had in his contract year, he might cost 1/2 of what Mo costs us.

Sheldon is out of the drug program, if he gets in trouble it would be as though he was never suspended. (which is why Mo was given the 2 year patch deal)

Please don't click on Mehta links, you only feed the troll.  I refuse to click on the link.

Go get a pass rusher not another 3-4 DE.  We can fill that role with a dime a dozen run stuffer.  Go get Lawrence if you want a take a shot on a troubled player at least he can rush the passer.  

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Please don't click on Mehta links, you only feed the troll.  I refuse to click on the link.

Go get a pass rusher not another 3-4 DE.  We can fill that role with a dime a dozen run stuffer.  Go get Lawrence if you want a take a shot on a troubled player at least he can rush the passer.  

This.

37 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Love to have him back, especially him back to playing 5 tech and not OLB. Grab Chubb/Landry in the 1st (if the QBs are gone) or grab Ejifor/Davenport/Sweat in the 2nd and were in business.

OR maybe Bowles can get his head out of his @#$ and make the base a 4-3 giving Lee actual purpose, moving Sheldon (if he comes back) to DT Leo as LDE, get a RDE and we will have a DL that can rush the passer AND stop the run for once. Moving Lee to WILL OLB will also help his play. We may not be that far off if we could actually put guys in a position to excel. 

23 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

OR maybe Bowles can get his head out of his @#$ and make the base a 4-3 giving Lee actual purpose, moving Sheldon (if he comes back) to DT Leo as LDE, get a RDE and we will have a DL that can rush the passer AND stop the run for once. Moving Lee to WILL OLB will also help his play. We may not be that far off if we could actually put guys in a position to excel. 

Lee's been good the 2nd half of the year I don't think we NEED to switch base for him to be good,  I think the defenses is fine but we're just missing the most important position in a Pass Rusher.

Just now, Dr.O said:

Lee's been good the 2nd half of the year I don't think we NEED to switch base for him to be good,  I think the defenses is fine but we're just missing the most important position in a Pass Rusher.

Lee has been OKAY in comparison to what he was, and I think we definitely need a change in base. We are the 24th ranked defense. If that's fine than the bar couldnt be any lower this year. This is our HC's expertise and the unit has gotten progressively worse each season while each year we spend the top pick on a defender. 

As far as Lee, is a marginal starting ILB at this point. He really isnt a great fit to play ILB.

Archived