Sheldon potentially returning to Jets

rdelaney89

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Lee has been OKAY in comparison to what he was, and I think we definitely need a change in base. We are the 24th ranked defense. If that's fine than the bar couldnt be any lower this year. This is our HC's expertise and the unit has gotten progressively worse each season while each year we spend the top pick on a defender. 

As far as Lee, is a marginal starting ILB at this point. He really isnt a great fit to play ILB.

I think it's more on Bowles tbh, don't think he's great at developing talent and I think his defense is way to Blitz-centric for the roster that we have.

Just now, Dr.O said:

I think it's more on Bowles tbh, don't think he's great at developing talent and I think his defense is way to Blitz-centric for the roster that we have.

LOL and ironically thats been Lees best asset. Great blitzer, yet to see him successfully cover anyone lol

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

LOL and ironically thats been Lees best asset. Great blitzer, yet to see him successfully cover anyone lol

He's very frustrating to watch bc a lot of the time he's in great position, but he has no ball skills. Pre pass he looks like a good safety. When the ball is in the air he looks like a NT.

4 years $50M with $25 guaranteed, make the first 2 years guaranteed. Basically allows us to cut Sheldon when it's time for Leo's deal.

Demarcus Lawerence is definitely someone we should look into, it will be interesting to see how the Cowboys handle him. They don't have much room in cap space so they will have to trim some fat to pay him what he'd make on the open market.

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

4 years $50M with $25 guaranteed, make the first 2 years guaranteed. Basically allows us to cut Sheldon when it's time for Leo's deal.

Demarcus Lawerence is definitely someone we should look into, it will be interesting to see how the Cowboys handle him. They don't have much room in cap space so they will have to trim some fat to pay him what he'd make on the open market.

Isn’t Romo off their cap next year though?

19 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Love to have him back, especially him back to playing 5 tech and not OLB. Grab Chubb/Landry in the 1st (if the QBs are gone) or grab Ejifor/Davenport/Sweat in the 2nd and were in business.

This, we get him back cheaper than what we would have paid him and at his correct position with big cat on the other side. win win

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Isn’t Romo off their cap next year though?

Yea, they'll have $15M in cap space before cuts so it depends who they want to get rid of. I think Witten will retire rather than being cut so that should save some money. They are paying dez $16M next season though so that's kind of a kick in the nuts.

2 hours ago, jetfan8178 said:

This, we get him back cheaper than what we would have paid him and at his correct position with big cat on the other side. win win

Yea this is the big thing for me. I don't think we wanted to remove his personality as much as we wanted to make sure we got some compensation for him. I Think if he stayed here he'd be able to ask for a lot of money but because he played on a loaded Seatle team I could see his stock taking a hit. If he's asking for the moon then we could pass but he would be such a better fit than Mo. Sheldon has never had motor or effort issues.

It is nice to hear about someone who did not want to leave this org. If there is a fit, I'd take him back. I like the fact that Maccagnan seems to try to correct his errors quickly (NOT insisting we play Hack; potentially cutting Wilkerson and bringing back Richardson, et al).

Archived