Weekly Rankings/Poll?

Poll Interest  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in contributing to a weekly FF ranking/poll?

With football season approaching fast(just over 2 months left until the first FBS game of the season between FSU and Georgia Tech), figured now would be a good time to gauge interest in some activities for this forum.

To start with, would there be any interest in a weekly rankings/"Footballs Fututre Top 12"? Have done this on some other forums in the past, though in the format of a top 10, with quite a bit of participation. Now though with the CFP expanding to a 12 team playoff, going Top 12 over the classic Top 10 seems most logical.

Any and all input is welcome for not only this idea, but other ideas as well, like perhaps a weekly pick'em with some prizes for the top finishers at the end(I've done Titans pick'em competitions in the past for the Titans forum and provided Amazon gift cards for the top 3 performers, something similar could be done here).

• Like 1

How would the voting work? Typically with these forum top 10 things we have a poll for each position and each one takes a couple days. That format wouldn't work for a weekly poll. I know we can put multiple polls so we can vote 1-X and then give weighted points to each like the actual polls do, but I don't know if the system can accomodate 12 polls with especially with several options for each. 

3 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I watch about 3 games a year but I’ll gladly vote like I’ve watched em all and fight to the death for them. 

Just make sure Tennessee is #1 each week and that's all that matters.

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

How would the voting work? Typically with these forum top 10 things we have a poll for each position and each one takes a couple days. That format wouldn't work for a weekly poll. I know we can put multiple polls so we can vote 1-X and then give weighted points to each like the actual polls do, but I don't know if the system can accomodate 12 polls with especially with several options for each. 

Yeah I hadn't looked in depth at the poll system for this forum, but the way I've done it in the past on other forums is just gathering each voter's poll via PM then just using a scoring system(1st place = 12 points, 12th place = 1 point or something similar) to get the overall poll. So if there's 6 polls submitted and Georgia is 1st in 5 and 2nd in 1, that'd be 71 points.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2024 at 12:43 PM, TitanLegend said:

Just make sure Tennessee is #1 each week and that's all that matters.

Yeah I hadn't looked in depth at the poll system for this forum, but the way I've done it in the past on other forums is just gathering each voter's poll via PM then just using a scoring system(1st place = 12 points, 12th place = 1 point or something similar) to get the overall poll. So if there's 6 polls submitted and Georgia is 1st in 5 and 2nd in 1, that'd be 71 points.

You could probably use a Google Form.