Patriots extend RB Rhamondre Stevenson (4 years, $36M, $17M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

That’s more than I’d have been comfortable paying him, tbh. I’m glad the guarantees are relatively low.

Dude’s a talented runner and an underrated pass catcher, and in this AVP offense, he’s going to be leaner on big time. New blocking scheme (more zone, less gap) this year, so things could change. 

Glad he’s sticking around overall, but don’t love the deal. Suppose it’s a deal they feel comfortable doing given the cap situation right now and for the next couple seasons, but still more than I’d have liked.

Locking up your most proven offensive skill player for that little seems like a no-brainer. He's only going to be 29 when this deal ends. He's an every-down back (one of the few left in the league) and getting considerably less money than Saquon. They've got money to burn and a qb on a rookie deal. If they had to pay a guy $50m a year I wouldn't do this but they've got the cash at the moment to do this deal at the moment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Locking up your most proven offensive skill player for that little seems like a no-brainer. He's only going to be 29 when this deal ends. He's an every-down back (one of the few left in the league) and getting considerably less money than Saquon. They've got money to burn and a qb on a rookie deal. If they had to pay a guy $50m a year I wouldn't do this but they've got the cash at the moment to do this deal at the moment. 

idk, they could have gotten D'andre Swift, who is a year younger for a million less per year.  I don't know if I'd call it a no brainer.

Wow I must not have seen any Pats games or highlights in a while because I've never heard of the guy. Oh wait, I've been watching less NFL in general the past few years. Oh well 

3 hours ago, Armbar said:

I don’t think people realize how good Stevenson is. Yeah he’s not a superstar, but guys like him don’t grow on trees. His versatility can’t be understated. 

You can find guys like him all over the draft. 

• Like 3