Patriots extend RB Rhamondre Stevenson (4 years, $36M, $17M gtd)

2 minutes ago, Soko said:

That’s more than I’d have been comfortable paying him, tbh. I’m glad the guarantees are relatively low.

Dude’s a talented runner and an underrated pass catcher, and in this AVP offense, he’s going to be leaner on big time. New blocking scheme (more zone, less gap) this year, so things could change. 

Glad he’s sticking around overall, but don’t love the deal. Suppose it’s a deal they feel comfortable doing given the cap situation right now and for the next couple seasons, but still more than I’d have liked.

Side note, @RaidersAreOne, my Twitter links don’t automatically embed anymore with copy/paste of the link. Did something change, or am I a bit slow?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Soko said:

Side note, @RaidersAreOne, my Twitter links don’t automatically embed anymore with copy/paste of the link. Did something change, or am I a bit slow?

I think the issue is X officially changed all their URLs to X instead of Twitter. So you have to go into the URL itself, change X -> twitter, then copy and paste it here for it to embed. 

It's a major PITA.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think the issue is X officially changed all their URLs to X instead of Twitter. So you have to go into the URL itself, change X -> twitter, then copy and paste it here for it to embed. 

It's a major PITA.

Ah, there it is. Yeah, that’s annoying…but thanks!

• Like 1

Like the player but that is just dumb. He's nothing special . He's a good back that's it.

This is bad management. I'm in the camp never pay for a run dominant RB with a 2nd contract.

I think that Stevenson is a good RB, both in the run game and in the passing game, but I think that he has already shown signs of wear and tear. When the next coach and GM are brought in the team will not have talent nor cap space.

• Like 1

Definitely seems like the FO has made an effort to keep the home grown guys, even if it means overpaying them. Which the team can afford to do at the moment, but I hope the overpayments don’t become a trend.

I like Rhamondre, I think he’s a good NFL back, but he’s not one I’d go out of my way to pay. I thought $5-$8M would’ve been more his range.

• Like 1