Jacksonville Jaguars (10-4) @ San Francisco 49ers (4-10) - AFC South is there for the taking

.Buzz

Just now, iPwn said:

I’ll throw a caveat in this for you. Sometimes we’ve decided to play soft off coverage for entire games or entire halves of the game. When we do this, our secondary doesn’t look anywhere near as good as it normally does. The splits that Wilson put up against us - where he was fumbling around just to make completions in the first half and then making massive TD throws in the late stages of the game - was entirely predicated on our defense playing soft coverage. We played it against the Rams and everyone in the forum was frustrated by our coverage that game too. I didn’t watch our game vs the Cards, but it sounds like that happened then too.

If we play tight coverage, where we’re playing physical with your receivers at the LOS, it’ll be a great test for Jimmy. If we play off ball coverage, the defense really isn’t anything special and I’d still be cautious of using this as a true gauge for how good he’s playing.

So basically, I should only really pay attention to the first 1.5 quarters when this is still a game? :D

Just now, Forge said:

So basically, I should only really pay attention to the first 1.5 quarters when this is still a game? :D

I really hope we don’t go soft defense again for th rest of this season/postseason. I want to watch us bury teams.

9 hours ago, iPwn said:

I really hope we don’t go soft defense again for th rest of this season/postseason. I want to watch us bury teams.

Right? I dont get it. Our front 4 is good enough to get pressure quickly and if we play tight in the secondary the QB wont find anyone quickly so some mistakes would be made on offense 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea he is definitely the guy we need Ramsey on all game

id be okay with Bouye on him provided they give him a safety over the top full-time.  i think ramsey might be able to stick with him but i want that Safety help on Goodwin more then anyone on there offense.  Hopefully this is an Ngakoue Statement game something bold like 4 sacks and 3 forced fumbles.

16 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

id be okay with Bouye on him provided they give him a safety over the top full-time.  i think ramsey might be able to stick with him but i want that Safety help on Goodwin more then anyone on there offense.  Hopefully this is an Ngakoue Statement game something bold like 4 sacks and 3 forced fumbles.

That's a lofty expectation for Ngakoue. I'd be happy with 3 sacks and 1 FF or even 2 sacks and 1 FF. I hope he plays well, but I'm not expecting him to takeover the game. This team has been much better with Jimmy at the helm. I still wish the Jaguars traded for him. 

1 hour ago, Jags said:

That's a lofty expectation for Ngakoue. I'd be happy with 3 sacks and 1 FF or even 2 sacks and 1 FF. I hope he plays well, but I'm not expecting him to takeover the game. This team has been much better with Jimmy at the helm. I still wish the Jaguars traded for him. 

I wanted Jimmy too but given the cost it would have been our 1st and a big contract 

Dont care so much what Yannick does as long as the DL gets theirs as a group 

Archived