Cam Sutton Suspended - 8 Games

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

He's not appealing

Must be a pretty bad optic for that decision. I originally looked for the new thread, but then I realized we all have to conform to running threads that never end. Anyway, 8 games is bad news. I expected half that, hoped for 2 as my more unrealistic notion. Only 5 corners should be kept, and then Sutton should replace one or an overall injury case.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Interesting this is above the NFLs policy and normally the NFPA would push to appeal that. 

Maybe it is built in that the NFL will review after 4 weeks or something like that…maybe that would be something that wouldn’t have to be made public. Maybe he accepts without appealing and they consider that along with his subsequent behavior while suspended.

11 hours ago, 3rivers said:

sutton was bad for the Lions, not sure he is going to be much better here. He seemed decent here when we had bad CB's

They had him playing outside when he is better at nickel

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

Tbh I don't even think at this point Sutton makes the roster.

I think he will. He'll probably be exempt due to the suspension, so we'll carry him until his suspension ends, at least. I think that's right anyway. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think he will. He'll probably be exempt due to the suspension, so we'll carry him until his suspension ends, at least. I think that's right anyway. 

We will. Plus he’s back with 2 weeks to ramp up for the pits of hell of the season. 

8 hours ago, warfelg said:

And playing CB1.

that doesn't help

he might be ok here at slot, I expect Beanie to win slot and do well. Sutton might help , but nothing major.  I don't like the idea of them signing him either but thats a moot point .  

just don't bring peterson back, thats all I ask for the secondary at this point.  Let Rush or Trice have a fair chance, forget peterson