Week 16 - Rams at Titans

RamRod

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I got Elliott, Todd, and Hunt. You're going to have to suck it up and take the L in fantasy. ;)

I got Bell, Elliott, and Hunt in this 8-team league. The league only starts two RBs so I flipped Hunt for Jordy Nelson after the second week. Was looking like a real nice deal until Rodgers got hurt.

Just now, RamRod said:

I got Bell, Elliott, and Hunt in this 8-team league. The league only starts two RBs so I flipped Hunt for Jordy Nelson after the second week. Was looking like a real nice deal until Rodgers got hurt.

In my 12-team league, I took Zeke, Gurley, Hunt, and Dalvin with my top four picks. I planned to flip Dalvin after Zeke's suspension, but that obviously went up in smoke when Zeke challenged his suspension prior to Dalvin tearing his ACL.

I always go HB-heavy early. They're the most valuable players in fantasy because of the lack of talent at the position and the volume they receive.

What do you guys think? I know it's easy to say we won because Goff has looked nice and we're the more successful team right now but it's still early. Henry and Davis have a lot of potential. I also could swear there are a couple other players involved also.

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

In my 12-team league, I took Zeke, Gurley, Hunt, and Dalvin with my top four picks. I planned to flip Dalvin after Zeke's suspension, but that obviously went up in smoke when Zeke challenged his suspension prior to Dalvin tearing his ACL.

I always go HB-heavy early. They're the most valuable players in fantasy because of the lack of talent at the position and the volume they receive.

Always go RB heavy too for those same reasons. You can find plenty of quality WRs scattered throughout the draft but once those top tier RBs are gone they're gone.

37 minutes ago, RamRod said:

What do you guys think? I know it's easy to say we won because Goff has looked nice and we're the more successful team right now but it's still early. Henry and Davis have a lot of potential. I also could swear there are a couple other players involved also.

Feels like Conklin should be added to this given we used the first received from LA to trade up for him, but I have no real idea how these "players from trades" collections work.

They also ignore the other two guys we drafted with picks from the trade that's convenient. Ignore the fact that the 4th round pick we got in the trade is the Pro Bowl return man. Hemingway that we took in the 6th looked good too until he got hurt. Even ignoring adding those 2 guys I'll make the trade every day. We got a franchise QB the rest is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

We got a franchise QB the rest is irrelevant.

Whilst I agree with your point about this particular trade, the closing line of your post (quoted above) makes no sense. 

Yes, a franchise quarterback is the most important player a team can possess. However, if the other side selected four HOFers, would the trade still look as good?

Hypothetically speaking, is Goff (or any QB) greater than, say, Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen, Orlando Pace and Marshall Faulk? I don’t think so. 

1 hour ago, DistantRam said:

Whilst I agree with your point about this particular trade, the closing line of your post (quoted above) makes no sense. 

Yes, a franchise quarterback is the most important player a team can possess. However, if the other side selected four HOFers, would the trade still look as good?

Hypothetically speaking, is Goff (or any QB) greater than, say, Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen, Orlando Pace and Marshall Faulk? I don’t think so. 

If we got our franchise QB then yes. Are those 4 going to win you a Super Bowl with Tony Banks at QB? Not likely in today's NFL. You need a QB.

2 hours ago, DistantRam said:

Who cares? We were trying to draft a franchise QB. If we got what we wanted, the trade panned out. We have no control over what players the other side chose, and there's no guarantee that we take those same players. What they do with the picks is irrelevant. If we traded up for a franchise QB and got one, we won our side of the trade. That doesn't prevent them from also being winners because they didn't need a QB at that point in time.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Who cares? We were trying to draft a franchise QB. If we got what we wanted, the trade panned out. We have no control over what players the other side chose, and there's no guarantee that we take those same players. What they do with the picks is irrelevant. If we traded up for a franchise QB and got one, we won our side of the trade. That doesn't prevent them from also being winners because they didn't need a QB at that point in time.

That’s a fair point. 

I would still rather have four HOFers than one, though. 

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm in a Dynasty league where I had Gurley and David Johnson going into the season as starters. My league only does a rookie draft and with the two picks I had, I snagged Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara..... boy did I not expect both of them to do amazing. Unfortunately in another league I drafted DJ and Zeke....... I still somehow made it to the semi finals in the playoffs. 

Archived