Jets Have talked with Ealy about resigning

rdelaney89

I’m for keeping him. At what role though. Pass rusher or DLine. It makes a difference bc I see him as a between guy right now. He should either gain weight and play DLine and we can cut Mo. Or loss some weight and play as a pass rusher and try to fill that rotational role for us.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I think about $4-6M is about right for him.  He's not an elite pass rusher but a solid situational guy.  

I get the feeling the Jets are done reviewing their roster and already have a list of players that want to resign as well as a list of those they want to give the boot (Karate Kick Wilkerson out of town).

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

I get the feeling the Jets are done reviewing their roster and already have a list of players that want to resign as well as a list of those they want to give the boot (Karate Kick Wilkerson out of town).

Mo is done here. Especially since he has a clause in his contract that if he gets injured these last few weeks... his contract next year is guaranteed. He should be inactive both these weeks.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Mo is done here. Especially since he has a clause in his contract that if he gets injured these last few weeks... his contract next year is guaranteed. He should be inactive both these weeks.

If they play him, man.

They must really want to try and get two more wins to fluff the resume.

4 hours ago, MoLewis57 said:

I think if he added 10-15 pounds he could play the 5 tech no problem 

I’m thinking this is the plan. Speed is what we need off the edge. And even if he loses weight... he’s not a speed rusher. Cut Mo, keep Ealy for a fraction of the cost. Add an edge presence via FA, draft or trade.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m thinking this is the plan. Speed is what we need off the edge. And even if he loses weight... he’s not a speed rusher. Cut Mo, keep Ealy for a fraction of the cost. Add an edge presence via FA, draft or trade.

He reminds me of Shaun Ellis. Would have been great in Herm Edwards 4-3 opposite a Vic Beasley type speed rusher. That is his calling. 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:41 PM, Bobby816 said:

We are not the team with malcontents, the Giants have a problem with their # 1 draft pick in 2016 CB Apple. He has been suspended for the year. His own teammate called him a cancer in the locker room

8 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Ealy’s snap count has been on a downward trend because after a good start, he has been invisible.  IMO he has clearly become a backup player, the type you sign for 1-2m, or draft in the late rounds.

Don't expect Jets to pay him a starter money.  Just get him under contract so Jets can condition him into a specific role for them this off season since he is set to be UFA after this season.   Possibly 5-6m range per season at worst but terminable like Ben Ijalana.

Edit:  Since you are tracking players' snaps.  What is read for Xavier Cooper? thank you.

Archived