Danelle Ellerbe will be cut when healthy

Dome

1 minute ago, whodatworm23 said:
4 minutes ago, Raves said:

If Long had stayed healthy, Long would still be the correct call today.

I can't say that... Ryan has developed into a franchise QB.

i take a franchise QB over an elite LT every day of the week and twice on Sundays! 

Agreed. But there's no guarantee Ryan would have developed with Miami's coaching staff.

I think Ryan is a very good QB, but before this year people were talking about whether or not Atlanta should move on from Ryan...  Sure he was a top 10 QB, but he wasn't a QB that looked to be capable of taking a team to the next level, he was somewhere between Andy Dalton and Phillip Rivers.  Obviously once you get a QB of even Dalton's level you don't let it go unless you have a sure thing, waiting, but a franchise LT, a true franchise LT, typically comes cheaper and lasts longer than a QB.

I mean, Long and Joe Thomas were #1 and #2 LTs in the NFL for how many years before Long got hurt?  Both players improved the play of their QB and running games, not their faults their teams didn't invest highly/wisely in a QB.  The Browns after getting a stud OL with both Thomas and Mack, proceeded to draft guys like Brandon Weedon, Johnny Manziel, and Brady Quinn... passing over players that had less hype but were better prospects.  Miami... well I don't know who they drafted, but that kinda proves the point as well.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

I think Ryan is a very good QB, but before this year people were talking about whether or not Atlanta should move on from Ryan...  Sure he was a top 10 QB, but he wasn't a QB that looked to be capable of taking a team to the next level, he was somewhere between Andy Dalton and Phillip Rivers.  Obviously once you get a QB of even Dalton's level you don't let it go unless you have a sure thing, waiting, but a franchise LT, a true franchise LT, typically comes cheaper and lasts longer than a QB.

I mean, Long and Joe Thomas were #1 and #2 LTs in the NFL for how many years before Long got hurt?  Both players improved the play of their QB and running games, not their faults their teams didn't invest highly/wisely in a QB.  The Browns after getting a stud OL with both Thomas and Mack, proceeded to draft guys like Brandon Weedon, Johnny Manziel, and Brady Quinn... passing over players that had less hype but were better prospects.  Miami... well I don't know who they drafted, but that kinda proves the point as well.

I think your overstating Longs talent... early on when healthy he was a very good player but he wasn't on the caliber of Joe Thomas, JMO

Archived