Around the League 2024

textaz03

1 hour ago, quiller said:

This is his third.  I would say this it from a future health stand point.  

It’s is his 5th (maybe 4th)

2019 college season, sustained a concussion against Mississippi State.

2022 suffered 3 concussions (maybe 2): week 3 against Bills and again in week 4 against Bengals. Some believe the 2 back to back concussions where from same event, but others remain adamant he suffered 2 distinct concussion events.

And then Tua re-entered concussion protocol on Christmas Day week 16 game against Green Bay after failing cognitive tests after the game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, quiller said:

This is his third.  I would say this it from a future health stand point.  

He’s had three (and some argue four) in the NFL, but this is his fourth (or fifth) in the last five years. He had one in 2019 as a senior at Alabama. Once you eclipse three, the risks of getting more are significantly higher, with greater degrees of damage, and longer recovery times. He needs to be very careful if he wants to continue playing in the NFL.

Edited by plan9misfit

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

He’s had three (and some argue four) in the NFL, but this is his fourth (or fifth) in the last five years. He had one in 2019 as a senior at Alabama. Once you eclipse three, the risks of getting more are significantly higher, with greater degrees of damage, and longer recovery times. He needs to be very careful if he wants to continue playing in the NFL.

He need to be careful at just having a healthy life! 

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Add to it, he didn’t act like a guy who simply ended up a little foggy on any of the last three. The physical distortion/fencing were quite obvious. 

16 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I think at this point he’s screwed long term already. Might as well see it out. 

Given the state of Miami's OL the next concussion will come sooner rather than later.  Tua needs to give serious thought to walking away.

20 minutes ago, Northland said:

Given the state of Miami's OL the next concussion will come sooner rather than later.  Tua needs to give serious thought to walking away.

He might not walk away from the next one…so he really needs to consider doing it while he still can.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Honestly, what purpose could Tua accomplish playing another down in the NFL?  Dude is already set for life.  At this point, it’s all risk with virtually no reward.

If he still loves playing the game, the hard part will be accepting the fact that his body isn’t allowing him to. I think it centers more around that and not wanting to feel like he’s letting his team down than it does about the money.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

He might not walk away from the next one…so he really needs to consider doing it while he still can.

That’s my concern as well. As @WizardHawk mentioned, the fencing is a dead giveaway of something serious. I’d be afraid that his quality of life may be impacted if he gets another one.