Kenny Vaccaro to IR

saintsfan

Probably brought him back too early. Groin injuries are no joke.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I smell a one and done in the playoffs. No MLB, No SS hybrid who is also your OLB, no TE, banged up O-line, d-line on it's last legs. 

14 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Probably brought him back too early. Groin injuries are no joke.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I smell a one and done in the playoffs. No MLB, No SS hybrid who is also your OLB, no TE, banged up O-line, d-line on it's last legs. 

Gotta make it to the playoffs first to be 1 and done.

4 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Gotta make it to the playoffs first to be 1 and done.

If Payton leads a team with an 8 game win streak that doesn’t even sniff the post season, my god. 

We would NEED a new direction at that point. If we miss the postseason I’ll be riding shotgun in the fire Payton bandwagon again 

LOL, you guys crack me up sometimes. Every other team in the NFL is battling injuries as well.

I don't think losing Vaccaro is that big of a blow. I think losing Klein and Okafor were bigger losses than Vaccaro. Bush is better than people give him credit for, so I think him and Bell can fill in for Vaccaro just fine.

19 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Well, on a bright note, we're bringing Sterling Moore back

Moore actually played pretty good on spot duty. He's no star, but I think he'll be solid enough on nickel/dime packages.

Bigger question for Vaccaro is, will he be back as a Saint next year? How will this trip to IR affect his value?

3 hours ago, saintsfan said:

If our defense plays well and we don't go one and done in the playoffs, I see Vaccaro being allowed to test the market. If someone else wants to overpay I see us letting him walk, if he can't fetch a big payday I see him returning

I hope we let him walk regardless. I've remarked a few times this year how slow he looks, and he doesn't look great in coverage. He might do good work around the line of scrimmage, but that's just isn't that important these days. We don't need another Roman Harper.

19 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

If Payton leads a team with an 8 game win streak that doesn’t even sniff the post season, my god. 

We would NEED a new direction at that point. If we miss the postseason I’ll be riding shotgun in the fire Payton bandwagon again 

I know Payton has continued to be stubborn at times, but it would be hard to blame a playoff miss on him. I mean no team in the NFCS is safe yet, it's just been a very competitive year in our conference.

Vaccaro just feels like a guy who will become an pro bowler elsewhere. But the truth is that here and now he is a luxury. Bell and Williams are probably better pure safeties. Vaccaro is quite good in man to man coverage against the slot and TE...but ideally we’d finally get a real SAM. 

13 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Vaccaro just feels like a guy who will become an pro bowler elsewhere. But the truth is that here and now he is a luxury. Bell and Williams are probably better pure safeties. Vaccaro is quite good in man to man coverage against the slot and TE...but ideally we’d finally get a real SAM. 

Agreed with everything but the pro bowler part. Vaccaro's problem has always been his motor and his inconsistencies. Even if he went to another team, he won't suddenly be that high motor guy that hustles 24/7, and I think it's that lack of balls to the wall mentality that then leads to the inconsistencies.  

Archived