Week 16 - No more index cards

WizardHawk

5 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

The say it's a game of inches... what about an index card.

Same thought I had about Heath, I will use for the Raiders game. BUT what if something as small as an index card is te difference of Jason Garrett keeping his job or not?

Think about it, a loss vs a win may have been the difference of keeping or firing JG.

Garrett’s job was never in jeopardy. The moment Zeke got suspended was the moment that Jerry had a built in excuse to forgive any failure this season may have become. Not because it’s deserved, but because Jerry is an idiot.

22 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

If we win 10 that puts JG at 23-10 over the last two years. Not bad

^^ Tis true. Like him (SL and RM too) or not, the results have been pretty good. Need to get over the hump though. Which is a never ending phrase when it comes to this team.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I believe so as well. iirc, Garrett was also on sideline motioning that stick was tilted away. 

NFLN re-replayed the game last night and I also believe Dak got a bad spot. The ball should have been placed at least one foot forward of where the refs put it.

36 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

If we win 10 that puts JG at 23-10 over the last two years. Not bad

Even if the team wins 9, at 22-11 he still had doubled his loss count. And thats after losing his star runner for about 1/3 of the season, his star LB for about 1/4 of the season, starting a rookie/now sophmore QB 4th round pick, losing 2/5ths of the offensive line that was so heralded, and starting an entirely new secondary.

Yeah not bad at the least

16 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

^^ Tis true. Like him (SL and RM too) or not, the results have been pretty good. Need to get over the hump though. Which is a never ending phrase when it comes to this team.

What hump, though? Playoff success, or lack of, for this team, has been determined in large part by one future hall of famer and the likely single greatest player in the game today: Aaron Rodgers.

That play 30 seconds too long drive to win it last year, that drive to win it back in 2014 that left us chucking it deep on 4th down to rally (the catch/no catch game).. Garrett and the team itself was in position to win. They all put in an amazing effort and it was all taken apart by one man.

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Oh god....

It deserves to be mocked after first go around...but given the current state of the NFL (big step back from 10 yrs ago), the timing may actually be pretty good. 

I dont think you will see another XFL type venture. Im thinking you will see more of an arena, summer, sort of thing. Or a move to purchase the Carolina Panthers, or buy in as a share holder. Dont think hes going the route of trying a large market extreme rules league again. That lesson was learned.

5 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

What hump, though? Playoff success, or lack of, for this team, has been determined in large part by one future hall of famer and the likely single greatest player in the game today: Aaron Rodgers.

That play 30 seconds too long drive to win it last year, that drive to win it back in 2014 that left us chucking it deep on 4th down to rally (the catch/no catch game).. Garrett and the team itself was in position to win. They all put in an amazing effort and it was all taken apart by one man.

What do you mean, what hump? The winning in playoffs part. That is the hump. 

Archived