Saints MLB AJ Klein, SS Kenny Vaccaro to IR

Dome

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wasn't Vacarro dreadfully bad this season?

The 2nd half, after the injury yes... He had a stretch of about 6-7 games where he was playing very well..

Not sure if the 2nd half slump is due to his groin injury, or just regression to the norm (though he was decent last year too). Probably a bit of both.

5 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

The 2nd half, after the injury yes... He had a stretch of about 6-7 games where he was playing very well..

Not sure if the 2nd half slump is due to his groin injury, or just regression to the norm (though he was decent last year too). Probably a bit of both.

Vaccaro was on my free agency wish list - he's inconsistent, but when he's on, I see the S that this defense has sorely missed. 

We'll see how the injury impacts him, but I think he'd be a good pickup for Houston.

22 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Vaccaro was on my free agency wish list - he's inconsistent, but when he's on, I see the S that this defense has sorely missed. 

We'll see how the injury impacts him, but I think he'd be a good pickup for Houston.

It's too bad that you guys aren't likely to make a run at Eric Reid. 

Never like to hear about injuries even on a rivals team sorry for them being out bro.  Will say this though thats 2 good middle of the defense stoppers the Falcons shoudl take advantage of this game though.  Our RB's should be going in all day against that area of the field if not Sark would have called a terrible game if he doesn't try to take advantage of Free + Teco vs yall there.

8 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Never like to hear about injuries even on a rivals team sorry for them being out bro.  Will say this though thats 2 good middle of the defense stoppers the Falcons shoudl take advantage of this game though.  Our RB's should be going in all day against that area of the field if not Sark would have called a terrible game if he doesn't try to take advantage of Free + Teco vs yall there.

Freeman is going to have a big game, as long as he's not too beat up from that long game at the Buccs. Man, he was bulldozing in that game.

This is not going to be an easy game for either team, that's for sure. Marque matchup of the week, possibly the season (exception Patriots vs. Steelers), if you want my opinion.

23 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Can a Saints fan share how Klein has done this season? I wanted Miami to sign him (this was before the draft and the Kiko extension).

He had great leadership and the team really connected with him.
He was a little quick to over pursue, or take bad angles, but all in all, he was a really good pick up for the Saints.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Can a Saints fan share how Klein has done this season? I wanted Miami to sign him (this was before the draft and the Kiko extension).

He's pretty average to above average in terms of his actual skills, but he was one of the 2 captains of the defense and the playcaller which makes him more valuable than if he was just a normal LB with his skillset. 

Archived