The Steelers-Will-Never Mock Draft w trades

MDSteeler1971

*Traded this years first (#29), 5th (#5), 7th (#29) and next years 1st for Chicago's 1st (#6), 4th (#6) and 6th (6)

**Traded this years 3rd (29) for San Frans 4th (#29), 5th (#10) and 7th (#5)

Round 1 Pick 6 (CHI): Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California (A+)  We need the next franchise QB. Is it Darnold? In 2017, Darnold has completed 64 percent of his passes for 3,787 yards with 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He was very impressive as a redshirt freshman in 2016. Sources say that while they haven't studied Darnold extensively, he jumped out at them as being a potentially special quarterback. Darnold completed 67 percent of his passes in 2016 for 3,086 yards with 31 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He has size, a strong-enough arm and accuracy, plus led USC on a nine-game winning streak to end last season.

Round 2 Pick 29: Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech (A-)  In 2017, Edmunds has 102 tackles with 5.5 sacks, 14 tackles for a loss, two passes batted, and three forced fumbles.

Round 4 Pick 6 (CHI): Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State (A+)  At 6'1" 208 running a 4.44 40, Campbell has shown that he is an explosive play-maker this season, but his receiving production is being held back by Ohio State struggling to pass the ball. In 2017, he has 38 receptions for 530 yards and two touchdowns.

Round 4 Pick 29 (S.F.): Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama (B)  He's 6'2" 228 and runs a 4.54 40. Scarbrough is averaging 5.1 yards per carry in 2017 for 549 yards with eight touchdowns. He has 14 receptions for 92 yards as well. Scarbrough emerged as a potentially devastating workhorse running back at the end of the 2016 season.

Round 5 Pick 10 (S.F.): Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia (B)  Over the past two seasons, Kiser has been a tackling machine for Virginia. He has 134 tackles on the season and has been dangerous as a blitzer, notching five sacks. He also has four passes batted and 9.5 tackles for a loss. He had a breakout 2015 season as a sophomore where he totaled 117 tackles with 7.5 sacks, 13 tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles and two passes broken up. In 2016, he managed to increase his tackle production with 134 stops, 10 tackles for a loss, 6.5 sacks, seven passes broken up, five forced fumbles and an interception.

Round 5 Pick 29: Iman Marshall, CB, Southern California (B+)  At 6'1" 200 Iman has nice size and he runs a 4.5 40. Marshall has 47 tackles with 10 passes broken up in 2017. He has played well, but not overly impressively for USC. Marshall's pass coverage is a very good fit for the NFL. He has the size to battle big receivers and the ability to play a variety of techniques. Marshall has played a lot of press-man coverage and shows the skill to turn and run with receivers.

Round 6 Pick 6 (CHI): Cole Reyes, SS, North Dakota (C+)  He's 6'2 and 215 lbs but Reyes saw his final collegiate season cut short by an injury suffered in the Fighting Hawks’ Big Sky opener vs. Montana State (Sept. 28). The Schaumburg, Ill., native totalled 25 tackles, including 17 solo stops in his four contests during a season where he was pegged as the Big Sky Preseason Defensive Player of Year.

Round 7 Pick 5 (S.F.): Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame (A+)  A 310 lb 6'6 NT that has played well for Notre Dame, Tillery is active at the point of attack. On the season, he has 43 tackles with 8.5 for a loss, four sacks and a forced fumble.

Round 7 Pick 30: Ed Paris, S, LSU (B+)  After 2½ years of playing Paris at cornerback, LSU football coaches decided one day last fall — about the time of the Alabama game — to try him at safety. One drill in, Paris recognized the coaches found a new place for him to play. He may be deciding to return to LSU on a medical redshirt so it may be a mute discussion but if not he could be a steal here!

"

*Traded this years first (#29), 5th (#5), 7th (#29) and next years 1st for Chicago's 1st (#6), 4th (#6) and 6th (6)

"

there is NO way they would make that deal.

we move up in every spot and they get a deferred draft pick that is almost assuredly at a lower slot than they started.

4 hours ago, SlevinKelevra said:

"

"

there is NO way they would make that deal.

we move up in every spot and they get a deferred draft pick that is almost assuredly at a lower slot than they started.

Well guess what, they did! Here, do your own https://first-pick.com/

Jerry Tillery is a thug.  No way I would want him on my team.  

I've seen enough of Darnold to know I wouldn't sell the farm to get him either.  He looks good at times, but he has a long wind up and makes too many stupid passes.  If I'm trading up for a QB, it's Josh Allen.  I've seen him play a few times this year.  I just watched him tear apart Central Michigan yesterday, but I also saw him look outclassed against Iowa earlier this year.  His team sucks.  He looks like the total package though.  Carson Wentz 2.0 is a great comparison.  I saw him throw some real bullets yesterday.  

As for them taking that trade, these simulators are garbage when it comes to trades.  Even the one I did, just trading back, is ridiculous.  I'm not thinking they did the trade.  It's just for fun to me, so no big deal if they'd do it or not.  You see weird trades in real life all the time too.  

Why is everybody stuck on those overhyped quarterbacks?

I originally was excited about Clayton Thorson, the idea of him falling to us but that he's returning for his senior year no way he falls to us at all.

By next season if Darnold does return for his Senior year, it will be Clayton Thorson, NOT Darnold being #1 quarterback. 

Clayton Thorson is a pro-style quarterback with great size, mobility, arm, and accuracy you want in a quarterback- who had his number skewed by all the drops. He's quarterbacking behind a really bad offensive line and sub-par receiving team. Yet he's producing, he's a football player first. 

This is why while the draft simulator is fun to play- they aren't scouting the players accurately, likely based on one source of scouting, say... Drafttek. 

not in this draft...no QB is worth it. The Draft is a multi-million dollar industry within itself....it's  like a soap opera and QB's are the leading ladies....they like to have a certain number of leading ladies in the first and most watched round for drama purposes...so pushing the hype happens. This year it's a lot hype...almost all the leading ladies have under performed this year so they are hanging their hats on the hype. Sam is not even top ten....... Josh Allen is the look a like...The next Blaine (Bortles or Gabbert)...baker is the new look a like...as his size is now accepted due wilson...when he is probably more like chase... They tried to sneak the 3rd grade round Mason in there but he couldn't keep the lie going , he couldn't follow the script...Lamar has talent but is raw and needs more acting classes. Rosen looks good next to lesser comp....

all these guys have great talent and ability but their  flaws are being ignored......this is not the draft to trade up in for a qb

15 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Tremain Edmunds looks like the player we hoped Bud Dupree would be.  

do you think the FO trades Dupree ? He hasn't been Jarvis the second, but after 3 years no real strides and no reason to expect  so why not trade and get value while you can? But what would the FO get for Dupree? 

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

do you think the FO trades Dupree ? He hasn't been Jarvis the second, but after 3 years no real strides and no reason to expect  so why not trade and get value while you can? But what would the FO get for Dupree? 

They’re not going to trade Dupree. He is just figuring out how to play OLB with any kind of technique and he is a pretty solid coverage linebacker. 

56 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

They’re not going to trade Dupree. He is just figuring out how to play OLB with any kind of technique and he is a pretty solid coverage linebacker. 

This.  It's getting absurd the amount of hate he's getting.  Because of missed time his rookie and sophomore seasons, he's basically a 2nd year player.  And in his rookie camp, he talked at length about how he was finally getting positional coaching that he never got at Kentucky or in HS.  Dupree was literally the rawist of raw players you could get, and it will take some time.  Ziggy Ansah was in a similar boat and it wasn't until his 4th year that he finally put things together and he had 3 healthy offseasons of training to put it together.

Archived