Week 16 GDT - Bills @ Pats

The BILLievers

Well here we are in McDermott's first year playing some meaningful football in December and of course the one team standing in their way of making the postseason in 17 years is the New England Patriots.. No matter what happens this week the Bills will still have ways of making the postseason in week 17 but a win against the Patriots would let us control our destiny and possibly end our 17 year long drought.

We should be rooting for the Colts (vs Ravens), Jets (vs Chargers), and then you can debate if we would rather have the Titans win or lose this week.. After looking at all the scenarios I think we want the Titans to beat the Rams this week and lose to the Jags in week 17. That's assuming that the Chargers win out. But all of this wouldn't matter if we can somehow pull off a huge upset and get a W in NE. Something we rarely can ever do.

I expect the Bills to come to play in this game but it most likely not being enough. Our secondary imo is top 5 in the NFL, possibly the best. You can argue we have 3 pro bowlers back there (White and Poyer got snubbed) but we're going to need to get pressure up the middle and throw Brady off his timing. We limited Brady to 0 TDs and 1 INT last time we played them but their rushing attack killed us.

Biased, optimistic prediction : Bills 28 Pats 24

Realistic prediction : Pats 28 Bills 17

Image result for the office memes christmas

Pats need this game and a loss would mean they were inches away from losing 3 straight. It just doesn't happen. I think Buffalo will stick with them for 3 quarters or so but a late Gronk TD that has all off us hitting the eggnog early will be the end of any comeback attempt.

Pats 27
Bills 16.

5 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Playing the refs this week's boys... hopefully we don't get screwed like the Steelers

Honestly, we're going to need to play a hell of a game for the refs to even have a chance to effect the game. I'm not sure I see our offense figuring out anything from last match up that will keep us in the game. 

18 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I wonder if there's going to be any retaliation on Gronk? Tre White did say The whole hood want 'em. I think McDermott will shut it down quick if it gets chippy. Let your play do the talking and shut him down.

As long as the game is close I think everyone will keep their heads but if it starts to get away from the Bills I could see that kind of stuff happening. 

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

So confused. I thought that if LAC, BUF, and TEN all finish 9-7, we would get in?

It is my understanding that if it's only the Bills and Titans at 9-7...... the Titans loss will have had to come from Jacksonville. If they lose to the Rams and beat Jacksonville then they get in.  In the three way scenario, we would get in over those two. I'm just hoping Baltimore loses one of their remaining games. 

6 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

It is my understanding that if it's only the Bills and Titans at 9-7...... the Titans loss will have had to come from Jacksonville. If they lose to the Rams and beat Jacksonville then they get in.  In the three way scenario, we would get in over those two. I'm just hoping Baltimore loses one of their remaining games. 

What happens if we all finish 9-7 ? Lol. Or what if it’s Bills Ravens LAC

Archived