The XFL will need its own section if it comes back.

chargerbuckeye

Check the NFL ratings that everyone freaks out about, then check Vince's show's rating which have been in the toilet and getting worse and worse every year since the XFL disbanded. NFL has nothing to worry about. Vince should just get a group of owners together and buy the Panthers

Not sure why they'd go directly at the NFL again unless they have a different strategy. Maybe they see a market of a certain demographic that are mad at the NFL for political reasons and think they can corner that to at least establish a loyal core and build on that.

I think they're better off launching a totally different sport and competing more indirectly.

As has been stated many times by people in the wrestling business....Vince McMahon would be ALOT richer than he is if he wasnt a complete, egotistical idiot.    He sucks at managing the WWE. and now he wants to bring back a horribly failed league that will go absolutely nowhere again?    

Just retire Vince.   At least then, maybe someone might be able to help the WWE before its to late....if it isnt already.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

As has been stated many times by people in the wrestling business....Vince McMahon would be ALOT richer than he is if he wasnt a complete, egotistical idiot.    He sucks at managing the WWE. and now he wants to bring back a horribly failed league that will go absolutely nowhere again?    

Just retire Vince.   At least then, maybe someone might be able to help the WWE before its to late....if it isnt already.

It's not just that. He's in a position where his company is a monopoly in it's industry so he's literally too big to fail and can actively fight and berate his consumers so that his product is entertaining for him.

His biggest flaw really is that he hates that he's known as the wrestling guy and not an entertainment mogul like he thinks he should be, so he's trying to make wrestling some weird variety show and he's trying to make movies and now going back to real sports. 

I said he should just try to buy the Panthers because he's only burning money restarting the XFL. At the same time, he'll never be satisfied being one of 32 guys at the table. He's a control freak who built his own carny world where he could play god. He would literally threaten to murder Goodell in public or in a meeting full of owners if a  deflategate or Zeke Elliot situation happened. 

Best case scenario, something slightly entertaining in a car wreck way pops up and there are a few good ideas that the NFL can adopt. 

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Hard to believe that McMahon would be that foolish. He's obviously looking at certain cultural...things...going on, and seeing some kind of opening there, but it simply doesn't exist. It would be weird if a new XFL even gets off the ground.

It's not remotely hard to believe he's that foolish. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

It's not remotely hard to believe he's that foolish. 

Lol. Maybe not, I suppose. And he's obviously exploring the idea. I don't think it's even possible to construct and brand a new XFL in the same way the original was, though. It'll be interesting to see what happens. 

24 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It's not just that. He's in a position where his company is a monopoly in it's industry so he's literally too big to fail and can actively fight and berate his consumers so that his product is entertaining for him.

His biggest flaw really is that he hates that he's known as the wrestling guy and not an entertainment mogul like he thinks he should be, so he's trying to make wrestling some weird variety show and he's trying to make movies and now going back to real sports. 

I said he should just try to buy the Panthers because he's only burning money restarting the XFL. At the same time, he'll never be satisfied being one of 32 guys at the table. He's a control freak who built his own carny world where he could play god. He would literally threaten to murder Goodell in public or in a meeting full of owners if a  deflategate or Zeke Elliot situation happened. 

Best case scenario, something slightly entertaining in a car wreck way pops up and there are a few good ideas that the NFL can adopt. 

True.

I dont watch wrestling anymore, but I will never forgive him for the way he laughably botched the WCW Invasion angle back in the early 2000s. 

Some of his friends are A LOT more powerful now. That can’t hurt. 

Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow would be way bigger draws than anything they ever had before. Kaepernick too. Although I don’t think Tebow would do it. From what I’ve heard, baseball is going pretty well for him 

I don’t think they could ever compete with the NFL. But I don’t think it’s necessarily doomed for failure 

5 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Some of his friends are A LOT more powerful now. That can’t hurt. 

Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow would be way bigger draws than anything they ever had before. Kaepernick too. Although I don’t think Tebow would do it. From what I’ve heard, baseball is going pretty well for him 

I don’t think they could ever compete with the NFL. But I don’t think it’s necessarily doomed for failure 

Vince McMahon would never sign Colin because his wife is in the Trump administration and Vince will probably make standing for the anthem mandatory. 

18 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

True.

I dont watch wrestling anymore, but I will never forgive him for the way he laughably botched the WCW Invasion angle back in the early 2000s. 

Well you see he couldn't have the WWF guys looking weak against the WCW guys even though he currently was the owner of WCW and all the WCW wrestlers were now his employees and they were making money off the WCW talent otherwise why would you but WCW?.... 

The dude is petty 

Archived