The XFL will need its own section if it comes back.

chargerbuckeye

2 hours ago, chargerbuckeye said:

Whatever network airs his wrestling shows will air the XFL

No.  No, they won't.  USA Network is owned by Comcast.  Comcast owns NBC and they're not going to put the NFL Sunday Night Football contract at risk for something like the XFL which isn't going to get them near the ad revenue.

2 hours ago, chargerbuckeye said:

President Trump will still get pissed at McMahon. Colin hasn't even been training to play so it doesn't show dedication.

Would be interesting to see, but Vince and Trump are extraordinarily close "friends;" Vince and Linda were and have been the biggest single donor to the Trump Foundation (and were a major Trump campaign donor) for the past half-decade.

Start it off as a “developmental” league but price and structure everything in a way that cuts at the NFL and caters heavily to the players and fans.

Make it a league for undrafted CFB players, AFL & CFL players looking for a step up in pay grade... NFL free agents that just can’t catch a break. Guys from other sports looking to make a transition. Hold legitimate open tryouts for common folk. Who knows how many Wahlbergs are out there. 

Make every live game available for online streaming. 

Make it exactly like the NFL, but with rule changes the fans actually want.

Make the games PG-13 so every player can celebrate however they please.

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

As has been stated many times by people in the wrestling business....Vince McMahon would be ALOT richer than he is if he wasnt a complete, egotistical idiot.    He sucks at managing the WWE. and now he wants to bring back a horribly failed league that will go absolutely nowhere again?    

Just retire Vince.   At least then, maybe someone might be able to help the WWE before its to late....if it isnt already.

If he wasn't such a stubborn old man he'd have handed the reigns to Shane years ago.

15 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Would be interesting to see, but Vince and Trump are extraordinarily close "friends;" Vince and Linda were and have been the biggest single donor to the Trump Foundation (and were a major Trump campaign donor) for the past half-decade.

And isn't Linda a special adviser or something?

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If he wasn't such a stubborn old man he'd have handed the reigns to Shane years ago.

Shane grew up seeing the amount of time his old man had to put into the business; according to everything I've heard and read, he's never really wanted any part of the day-to-day programming/booking stuff.  He's much more content handling the marketing and business side of things.  It'd be Stephanie and her husband (Triple H) who will eventually "take over," but Vince is a workaholic, he's going to have to die at his desk before he gives up control.

Just now, The LBC said:

Shane grew up seeing the amount of time his old man had to put into the business; according to everything I've heard and read, he's never really wanted any part of the day-to-day programming/booking stuff.  He's much more content handling the marketing and business side of things.  It'd be Stephanie and her husband (Triple H) who will eventually "take over," but Vince is a workaholic, he's going to have to die at his desk before he gives up control.

Triple H signing off on every storyline, eeeeesh. Glad I checked out of WWE a while ago I don't think I could take it. I remembered Shane and Vince feuding for a few years but I didn't know Shane wasn't into taking the CEO spot.

And yeah nah Vince will never give up his company. He loves being the head, he's basically Trump with even less of a filter and GAF attitude.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Best NFL analogy would be Al Davis is to Raiders as Vince is to WWE

I agree with the OP.

We will need a whole new section to talk about how badly this bombs the second time. I don't know how many of you guys have caught WWE's product lately but it's an absolute joke. A roster full of talented athletes handcuffed by a room full of screenwriters who have no business being in wrestling, trying not to go blind from the tacky and overproduced sets (the ramps and ring posts have screens on them for God's sake), hoping to go out and squeeze a modicum of enthusiasm from dead and jaded crowds.

This is the nightmare that mainstream North American wrestling has become. I imagine the XFL won't look much different.

Archived