GDT Thread Week 16 at Redskins

AnAngryAmerican

What: Denver Broncos (5-9) at Washington Redskins (6-8)

Where: FedEx Field in Landover, Maryland

When: Sunday, December 24 at 11am MST

Ranks

• Offense YPG: Denver: 20th  -  Washington: 18th
  • Offense PPG: Denver 24th  -  Washington 18th
  • Defense YPG: Denver 1st  -   Washington 20th
  • Defense PPG: Denver 20th  -  Washington 29th

The Straight Dope (also known as The Skinny): This game is about the quarterbacks, will Brock or Paxton start for the Broncos? Will both play? Vance Joseph (aka Goofy) has still not announced the team's choice for starting QB after Friday's post-practice press conference, saying the decision will be made this afternoon after the coaches' meeting. And in watching Washington's Kirk Cousins, Broncos fans, players, coaches and executives could very well be watching their team's starting QB in 2018. 

Both teams seasons are over with nothing left to play for but pride. That ,and the fact that this is a morning game on Christmas Eve and you have probably what be the least-watched Broncos game of the season. Yours truly is loath to make a prediction not knowing who will be the starting Broncos QB. I would say with Paxton we are certain to lose but with Brock we have a chance. I'll be optimistic that Vance makes the right call (ha!) and goes with Brock. 

Washington: 20

Denver: 17

Merry Christmas everyone! 

BTW one really interesting human interest piece - with RB Perine tweaking his hammy on Thursday and not practicing on Friday, there's a really good chance Kapri Bibbs is the starting RB.   3-down work, and nearly min wage for those of you who DFS, great value.   Obviously the revenge narrative is also there for him (not as much a personal angle as just getting up to play your former team).   

Glad Bibbs could latch on somewhere, his chance to audition for a regular roster spot on another team next year (when Chris Thompson and Perine come back from injury, no room for him in WAS, but hopefully for his sake he can find a team who likes what they see - you need 4 years on the 53-man roster to get the 10-year health plan and the NFLPA, so I'll be rooting for him to show well either way this week & next for WAS).

Once again, this teams seems unprepared.  Lots of back-ups, I get it.  But so many basics; poor click management, poor situational awareness, poor decision making on ST.  I wanna like Vance.  I really want a coach that can came in and have long term success.  But man, it's been a long season awith a lot of mistakes and it's hard to see much improvement. 

Archived