CHRISTMAS DAY GDT!!!

JDLefebvre

6 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

It's not about sentiment, it's about respect.  They should never signed a 39 year old player if they didn't think he could contribute anymore.  Bad evaluation or bad usage of man.  Either way, he deserved better.  

I agree with you , then consider being with a team all year to get let go near the end and the history you have with the team.

On to more positive events, we get #2 seed with win next weekxD

I really wish we were playing this game tonight. I don’t like how they load up the holidays with games. My family Christmas dinner is at 4pm so my entire family gets to hear me cus at the TV because we all know we can’t handedly beat a struggling team. Besides this game...

itsatrap.jpg

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Steelers didnt owe him a thing.  This isnt a charity.

He very likely wouldnt have been on a team this year if the Steelers hadnt signed him.  May have gotten a spot due to injury at some point.

On top of that, he complained about not playing much, so maybe they released him because he made it clear he didn't want to be here.

I question the move from a depth standpoint, but in no way did this team owe him anything.   If not for the Steelers giving him chance after chance early in his career, he wouldve been out of the league 10 years ago.

You don't take a Ring of Fame type player and kick him to the curb in this manner.  No they don't "owe" him anything.  The NFL is a business and everyone knows that, the players most of all.  What I said was, that they mishandled the situation. 

If he wasn't good enough to contribute, why sign him in the first place at 39?  They knew very well what he was still capable of from last year.  And if he IS good enough to contribute,  (based on being re-signed and sealing the KC game with a sack) then why did he sit on the bench for the entire season only to be dumped down the stretch?  

I think this goes further than productive or not productive.  I'd bet Tomlin didn't like him complaining about lack of playing time and decided to cut ties.  He wasn't toeing the company line well enough and they needed the roster spot.  

Can you honestly tell me that on a 3rd & 9 with the game on the line, you'd rather have Dupree, Chickillo or Moats lined up to collapse the pocket?

Tomlin has tolerated James Harrison popping off publicly in the past. I'm pretty sure he's not shy about doing in private, either. And with a Christmas game looming following a loss to the Patriots, I'd hardly be surprised if someone with his ego simply asked/demanded to be released. Harrison may have figured, even, that with the Shazier injury occurring, it was now or never to see if he'd get used. And Tomlin went ahead with it. What some people are seeing as a sign of disrespect could be the exact opposite.

Beyond that, this team has treated plenty of significant figures in the franchise's history worse than James Harrison. He's the same guy who refused to renegotiate his pay a few years ago completely misjudging the market for his services, and ended up playing for less than the Steelers offered him. And basically wasted his time in Cinci doing nothing much. Hell, they probably did Polamalu far dirtier than they did Harrison.

I honestly don't think anything happened behind the scenes or something.  

I think that they just saw TJ Watt was really playing a lot better than expected and Harrison was just not getting it done.  And I see this as a sign of respect.  They just him giving him the chance to go out there and get picked up by a team that might play him.  I think it would be worse to just our team by keeping him around, and cutting someone we need.  Especially on the OL because of the way Gilbert has been on and off with health.

15 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

You don't take a Ring of Fame type player and kick him to the curb in this manner.  No they don't "owe" him anything.  The NFL is a business and everyone knows that, the players most of all.  What I said was, that they mishandled the situation. 

If he wasn't good enough to contribute, why sign him in the first place at 39?  They knew very well what he was still capable of from last year.  And if he IS good enough to contribute,  (based on being re-signed and sealing the KC game with a sack) then why did he sit on the bench for the entire season only to be dumped down the stretch?  

I think this goes further than productive or not productive.  I'd bet Tomlin didn't like him complaining about lack of playing time and decided to cut ties.  He wasn't toeing the company line well enough and they needed the roster spot.  

Can you honestly tell me that on a 3rd & 9 with the game on the line, you'd rather have Dupree, Chickillo or Moats lined up to collapse the pocket?

couldn't have said it better

15 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

What Harrison used to be is irrelevant in regards to his current status on the team.  

Neither of us have any idea what was going on behind the scenes.  Would I have cut him based in what I know?  No, but I dont know all the info.  I do know that, outside of a few plays, he has looked slow and inefficient in the snaps he did play.  The only issue I have with cutting him is that none of our depth has been any better..which tells me they cut him because he WANTED to be released or because he was more of a distraction than we realized.

33 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Mike Pereira is now saying that the James play should have stood. Food for thought.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mike-pereira-calls-out-al-riveron-for-abandoning-e2-80-98clear-and-obvious-e2-80-99-standard/ar-BBHhZ58

He calls out Riveron. Good for him. Yesterday there was no damn CONCLUSIVE evidence to overturn the Bills TD just like with James catch. I'm getting sick of this crap.

Just now, 1BackInBlackFan said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mike-pereira-calls-out-al-riveron-for-abandoning-e2-80-98clear-and-obvious-e2-80-99-standard/ar-BBHhZ58

He calls out Riveron. Good for him. Yesterday there was no damn CONCLUSIVE evidence to overturn the Bills TD just like with James catch. I'm getting sick of this crap.

That was an absolute joke.  With the type of logic that reversed the Bills TD, the Martavis Bryant flip TD would definitely have been overturned.  

Archived