Merry Christmas GDT: Raiders @ Eagles

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

Just now, raidr4life said:

Your position is always the same, anybody questions the staff you come in with the " I trust there assessent over yours" line. It's tired!

It's not tired. It's smart.

What are you basing your "Borders should get a shot" of off?

One good preseason game and a few good OTA tweets.

15 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

What are you looking at?

You're the one that doesn't keep up with the roster.

He was making a joke because he knew I meant Borders.  I know that you know that.

15 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I'm not rolling with anyone rooting for a Raider loss.

thats-not-how-any-of-this-works-gif-14.g

I actually did not explicitly say I'm cheering for losses over the next 2 weeks.  I merely expressed joy at the notion of JDRs dismissal.  I don't need you rolling with me lol.

33 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

It's not tired. It's smart.

What are you basing your "Borders should get a shot" of off?

One good preseason game and a few good OTA tweets.

Dude.  We have 2 healthy corners tomorrow.  2.  Our 3rd, McDonald, is questionable injury wise and has played poorly lately on top of that.  The thought process is that we need more CBs than that in a league driven by passing.  I don't care if he sucks, we need a CB or else we're just going to get spread out and roasted.  Antonio Hamilton doesn't count either.   If you would "keep up with the roster", you'd know he's a STer.

3 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

He was making a joke because he knew I meant Borders.  I know that you know that.

I actually did not explicitly say I'm cheering for losses over the next 2 weeks.  I merely expressed joy at the notion of JDRs dismissal.  I don't need you rolling with me lol.

No, he was making a point that they actually did call up a DB in Hamilton. That it was a joke at your expense was just a bonus.

And the last 2 gifs in your response of "joy" in regards to JDR hinge on the team losing and I know you know that.

GTHOH with that excuse.

4 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Dude.  We have 2 healthy corners tomorrow.  2.  Our 3rd, McDonald, is questionable injury wise and has played poorly lately on top of that.  The thought process is that we need more CBs than that in a league driven by passing.  I don't care if he sucks, we need a CB or else we're just going to get spread out and roasted.  Antonio Hamilton doesn't count either.   If you would "keep up with the roster", you'd know he's a STer.

Haha, all guys at the bottom of the depth chart like Hamilton, Border, McGill, Harris and Luani are STer. SMH

Plus McDonald got hurt on Friday at practice. Border was picked up last week. This week we counted on having SS, Carrie, McDonald,  Hamilton and possibly getting McGill back as well.

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If NightTrain was GM it'd take 5 1-15 seasons to fire anyone. 

Yeah, decent comparison s/.

One avg(8-8) to slightly below avg (6-10) season after a 12-4 year, compared to the Cleveland Browns perennial crap. Makes sense. 

Plus I'm not saying that a move would be a bad thing or won't happen. I'm saying that I won't root vs my team. If they do lose then there will be consequences.

Try again.

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Stay your disloyal butt over there and away from me. I don't care what you think your reasons are. It doesn't change the fact that your rooting against my team. If they are gonna lose then they will lose and there are consequences. As fans then you suffer thru that that but you don't relish in it.

How about you shutup and stop telling other people how to be fans of a team that we all have probably supported for many years during one the darkest periods any NFL franchise. 

It's not your right to tell anyone how to be a fan. If you want to live and die and throw a hissy fit on message boards over these last two meaningless games, then go ahead. That's on you.

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

How about you shutup and stop telling other people how to be fans of a team that we all have probably supported for many years during one the darkest periods any NFL franchise. 

First, I'm not telling you how to be fans. I'm telling you how I am a fan and calling into question the way some root vs the team. IMO that is the opposite of being a fan. It's an opinion. And second, pretty solid argument by you if I was preaching by telling me to shutup. Same thing you're accusing me of.

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

No, he was making a point that they actually did call up a DB in Hamilton. That it was a joke at your expense was just a bonus.

And the last 2 gifs in your response of "joy" in regards to JDR hinge on the team losing and I know you know that.

GTHOH with that excuse.

Ok, @OakRaiders3828 which was it?  I'll kindly remind you now before your hot head gets ahead of you(again) that you've been warned recently to play nice.  

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Haha, all guys at the bottom of the depth chart like Hamilton, Border, McGill, Harris and Luani are STer. SMH

Plus McDonald got hurt on Friday at practice. Border was picked up last week. This week we counted on having SS, Carrie, McDonald,  Hamilton and possibly getting McGill back as well.

Borders was getting reps ahead of Sean Smith at one point.  And if the staff is really counting on known quantities (*cough* chumps) like Hamilton and McGill, then they're inept too. 

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Ok, @OakRaiders3828 which was it?  I'll kindly remind you now before your hot head gets ahead of you(again) that you've been warned recently to play nice.  

Borders was getting reps ahead of Sean Smith at one point.  And if the staff is really counting on known quantities (*cough* chumps) like Hamilton and McGill, then they're inept too. 

Wrong person. And nothing I have posted has gone out of bounds. Just defending my position with the same passion as I am challenged. Don't try to throw around your mod status because we have a difference of opinion.

And yeah, Borders was getting snaps in front of SS 4 months ago in a preseason game. Then they got tape of him him the next two games getting toasted and that was the end of that. Plus, there is more to getting reps than making a few plays in practice. From his position, roster value has to be good as well. By that I mean guys at the end of the roster have to be able to play multiple roles on defense and special teams. Hamilton and McGill may be "chumps" to us because we are use to them and their UDFA level play but that is why they are that low on the depth chart. They can also both play corner or safety and are good special teams players which is why I think they are kept around til we can upgrade. Roster value.

Archived