Merry Christmas GDT: Raiders @ Eagles

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

6 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Stay your disloyal butt over there and away from me. I don't care what you think your reasons are. It doesn't change the fact that your rooting against my team. If they are gonna lose then they will lose and there are consequences. As fans then you suffer thru that that but you don't relish in it.

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

If you read my response I explained my position pretty well and it had nothing to do with what you're saying.

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

No, he was making a point that they actually did call up a DB in Hamilton. That it was a joke at your expense was just a bonus.

And the last 2 gifs in your response of "joy" in regards to JDR hinge on the team losing and I know you know that.

GTHOH with that excuse.

4 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Haha, all guys at the bottom of the depth chart like Hamilton, Border, McGill, Harris and Luani are STer. SMH

Plus McDonald got hurt on Friday at practice. Border was picked up last week. This week we counted on having SS, Carrie, McDonald,  Hamilton and possibly getting McGill back as well.

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yeah, decent comparison s/.

One avg(8-8) to slightly below avg (6-10) season after a 12-4 year, compared to the Cleveland Browns perennial crap. Makes sense. 

Plus I'm not saying that a move would be a bad thing or won't happen. I'm saying that I won't root vs my team. If they do lose then there will be consequences.

Try again.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

Seth Robert got an appropriate deal for his past production and I wasn't pro Art Shell during that era and Al was the GM.

Next.

I'm not waving my mod badge around.  You're being condescending and annoying because you disagree with people.  I can't help that you feel this way but I'm doing my job telling you to not agitate other people.

And again, the point with Borders is to at least see what you've got instead of known low level quantities like McGill and Hamilton.  I know you're going to say "the coaches see practice every day and you don't".  But our defense has been trash most of the year, maybe, just maybe trying something else isn't the worst idea

First of do not call me disloyal. I have been a fan of this team since I came on this board in 2006. I made a conscious decision to be a raider fan during the most dark decade of this teams history. Since then there have been a lot of other very good teams I could have jumped ship for however I have been staunch in my support of the Raiders. Understand I will never root for another team unless that team is playing against the Patriots/Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Secondly if losing the next 2 games leads to changing the coaching staff I’m all for it. It’s whats best for the franchise long term. If I have a choice between 2 meaningless wins or ownership changing to a better coaching staff I’m choosing the latter. I want no excuses to keep JDR or Downing. If they win they could simply point to finishing the season “strong” they now have momentum going into 2018. There’s too much talent on this team and their championship window is closing, I don’t want their best years wasted because they wanted to stick with JDR after 2 wins to close out the season. 

47 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Tell us about George Edwards...

It's hard to know what to think of Edwards.  We have a beastly defense, and he is our Defensive Coordinator, but most Vikings fans (myself included) feel that Mike Zimmer is the defensive wizard in Minnesota that is responsible for that unit's success.  It's hard to know how much credit to give Edwards because he certainly hasn't hurt the defense, but how much has he really added?  I just can't say for certain. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

It's hard to know what to think of Edwards.  We have a beastly defense, and he is our Defensive Coordinator, but most Vikings fans (myself included) feel that Mike Zimmer is the defensive wizard in Minnesota that is responsible for that unit's success.  It's hard to know how much credit to give Edwards because he certainly hasn't hurt the defense, but how much has he really added?  I just can't say for certain. 

Does Zimmer call the defense or does Edwards? I'm generally not in favor of replacing JDR but he intrigues me.

2 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Im not waving my mod badge around.  You're being condescending and annoying because you disagree with people.  I can't help that you feel this way but I'm doing my job telling you to not agitate other people.

And again, the point with Borders is to at least see what you've got instead of known low level quantities like McGill and Hamilton.  I know you're going to say "the coaches see practice every day and you don't".  But our defense has been trash most of the year, maybe, just maybe trying something else isn't the worst idea

And in most of those exchanges that I was relying to, there was sarcasm and annoying comments just the same directed at me. My goal isn't to avoid being annoying to you. If someone ignores my point, insults me indirectly with childish or off topic comments(happens alot because they know I'll smack them back) or brings up something that I said months ago without noting the context I have provided recently then they can expect that I'll probably won't thank them and like the post. I'm gonna defend my position if I have something to say.

PS - I apologize for the "disloyal butt" comment as that is the only thing I have said that could even be slightly go against forum rules. I always try to census myself. I did a poor job there.

With Borders, your point is really for them to show us what they have with him. I get that people don't like the product out there but the grass isn't always greener.

22 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good luck Raiders fans.  You know Vikings nation will all be rooting for you to win!   :)

Thanks. I hope our boys can help out your boys tonight. Don't count on it though xD Good luck in the playoffs. It would be cool to see a team play in their own building for the Super Bowl. Is the AFC or NFC the home team this year? The Vikes in the visiting locker room would be funny.

Archived