The First Annual WARPATH AWARDS!!! Winners Announced (page 5)

Thaiphoon

18 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, sorry. Got rear ended the other day and have been on pain meds. Completely forgot about it. Lemme get it set up.

It seems you need a refresher on the forum rules:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/guidelines/

Forum Rules 

• Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 
  • Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed. 
  • Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.  
  • Do not post copyrighted material. 
  • Do not promote (SPAM) other websites in your posts, signatures, or PMs. 
  • You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 
  • You are only allowed one username. Anyone caught with multiple usernames may receive a ban.  
  • Finally, this is a business and if you are doing anything which the webmaster deems 'bad for business' you will be asked to stop. If you choose to ignore the webmaster, you'll receive a ban. 

•  

44 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Again, my apologies. Work and a car accident had intervened and precluded me from doing much of anything but laying in bed the last week or so. The awards are now ready to be voted on!

@mike23md is currently working on the sigs!

So then what are the award categories? The ones in the OP?  Also how do we vote?  Do we just PM you?  Also are we doing the ST award like before where past winners are exempt?

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So then what are the award categories? The ones in the OP?  Also how do we vote?  Do we just PM you?  Also are we doing the ST award like before where past winners are exempt?

All answered in 2nd post. 

And yes, past ST award winners are exempt.

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

But we should add one for best non-Redskins poster. What do you guys think?

Sure.  But would it be best non skins fan that posts in the redskins forum?  Would be weird for us to random give someone award from us. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Sure.  But would it be best non skins fan that posts in the redskins forum?  Would be weird for us to random give someone award from us. 

Yeah, that's what I meant. Of the posters that engaged us here from other teams. We need a cool name for it though. And we can also get nicknames discussed for each award.

I just wanted to start the voting so we could get some engagement and get it off the ground before the SB.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. Of the posters that engaged us here from other teams. We need a cool name for it though. And we can also get nicknames discussed for each award.

I just wanted to start the voting so we could get some engagement and get it off the ground before the SB.

The eagles forum usually chooses a theme, like one year they were Always Sunny named awards.  But there isn’t much fun in DC to have a theme with.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The eagles forum usually chooses a theme, like one year they were Always Sunny named awards.  But there isn’t much fun in DC to have a theme with.

That's actually a good idea. We can vote each year on what to call them.

On 12/22/2017 at 9:49 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Ok I received a suggestion from a member (who I will not reveal now, I'll let him reveal himself). So here goes:

I think this is a great idea. We already have the Sean Taylor Award, but the other awards are great ideas as well. And mike23md is down for the sigs.

Let's figure out a name for the awards in general (the Iggles call theirs "the Baldies") I'll leave the name suggestions open until Sunday evening. (Don't worry, we can always change it later if enough people want to change it) 

And then the 26th, we can start taking your votes on the individual awards above ^^^.

Some of the names I and Woz have come up with

Here's some additional ideas (some okay, some silly, some referencing American Indian origin):

1) The BaG Awards        (BaG = Burgundy and Gold) kinda like a play on the SAG Awards on TV

2) The Cooke Awards

3) The Sammies            (after Sammy Baugh)

4) The Hoggo's              (Woz suggested this as a combination of Riggo and Hogs)

5) The Tomahawks

6) ....

We may want to stear clear of American Indian references in our names to avoid more problems than its worth. But let's see what the forum says.

Ok, get your thinkin' caps on and get creative!!

Oh and friendly PSA to Doc - don't dip into the McCallan before you get creative.

Ok sobered up from that awesome game last night. I like this idea.

consider adding the following:

Joe Jackson Gibbs award- most knowledgeable and hardest working poster

Marlene Chalmers ( the most fun ex of JKC) or Dexter Manley award for most outrageous poster

Archived