Malik Willis traded to Packers for 7th round pick

HeresAGuy

Packers make a surprising quarterback trade to replace Sean Clifford

Wow. The Green Bay Packers decided neither Sean Clifford nor Michael Pratt was their answer at the backup quarterback position.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Packers are trading for former Tennessee Titans quarterback Malik Willis, who was a third-round pick just only two years ago. Green Bay is sending a 2025 seventh-rounder to Tennessee.

It's a low-risk, high-reward move for the Packers, and it answers the uncertainty at the backup quarterback position. It likely ends Sean Clifford's time in Green Bay and also leaves Michael Pratt's future up in the air.

General manager Brian Gutekunst has done it again. He loves a trade before the roster cut deadline, and he has made a smart decision to add a veteran quarterback.

Packers trade for quarterback Malik Willis: Full details

Packers receive:

• QB Malik Willis

Titans receive:

• 2025 7th-round pick

Holy S***!

I was looking on NFL rosters on wiki. One moment i saw all three quarterbacks on the titans, then about 10 mins later when i went back to the titans roster i noticed the 3rd QB was gone so I checked Rotoworld to see what happened only to find he has been traded to the Packers!!! 😵

I'm not sure about him tbh. Never heard any good things about him for the Titans which makes me question if he's even a viable NFL quarterback that could help the team win? I find it hard to believe he could offer more than Pratt.

I guess that means we're keeping 3 QB and cut Clifford?

Edited by Chili

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Cool.  We traded for a slightly less mediocre QB.

I'll say this, I'm intrigued by his running ability, which is a trait you generally want from your No. 2 guy. Read that he ran for about 100 yards this preseason. 

If i'm correct the Titans run a similar offence to us so there's some things that will translate over to us and allow Willis fit in more seamlessly.

Very tools-y. He got a strong arm, capable runner, only 25, young enough to develop. He's clearly a better prospect coming out of college than the backup QBs on our roster.

For a 7th rounder. What the hell, why not.

His college highlights:

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1