Malik Willis traded to Packers for 7th round pick

HeresAGuy

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If Love is done for the season I don't want .500.  I suggest we take our lumps this season, get a high pick at our home draft this spring and go from there. 

Geeeeezzzzz. From the NFCCG to high draft pick in a year? That's not a reality I want to contemplate.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Geeeeezzzzz. From the NFCCG to high draft pick in a year? That's not a reality I want to contemplate.

Well, you don't have to. We weren't in the NFCCG last year. Also, initially it looks like a really ****ty draft class so far. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Also, initially it looks like a really ****ty draft class so far. 

We're 1.5 weeks into the season.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  There's some real talent at OT (Banks from Texas, Campbell and Jones at LSU, quite a bit of talent at EDGE, and slew of skill positions (Burden, Johnson, etc.) that are available.

If Jordan Love can't go this next week, I actually am going to say yes start Willis, as unpopular as that sounds, and here's why:

Put his athleticism to use:

Maybe he can't throw that great, but he's gotta have some running ability in those legs unlike leadfoot Clifford.

Use a zone read approach that has him keeping the ball at least sometimes when he's going to hand it to Jacobs, and keep Jayden Reed moving a lot using either the Reed jet pass or fake that play and have Willis take off either on the right or left side of the line.

Feel like Willis is expendable enough to use him as a running weapon in this next game and if you do, you wear down the Colts DL and then let Jacobs and EW31 pound the rock on them and roll to the end zone.

Yeah, maybe a little desperate, but I still feel like he might give LaFleur more options to use those creative plays than Clifford would.

8 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

If Jordan Love can't go this next week, I actually am going to say yes start Willis, as unpopular as that sounds, and here's why:

Maybe he can't throw that great, but he's gotta have some running ability in those legs unlike leadfoot Clifford.

Use a zone read approach that has him keeping the ball at least sometimes when he's going to hand it to Jacobs, and keep Jayden Reed moving a lot using either the Reed jet pass or fake that play and have Willis take off either on the right or left side of the line.

Feel like Willis is expendable enough to use him as a running weapon in this next game and if you do, you wear down the Colts DL and then let Jacobs and EW31 pound the rock on them and roll to the end zone.

Yeah, maybe a little desperate, but I still feel like he might give LaFleur more options to use those creative plays than Clifford would.

That sounds great in theory, but how more of the offense was structured around the QB running on designed plays?  

10 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Start the guy who doesn't know the playbook and likely will have difficulty getting the team out of the huddle, but he can run. 

While neither option is a good one, this one sound downright frightening. 

16 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

If they didn't elevate Clifford to be QB2 for the Eagles game, it seems pretty clear that Willis would be the starting QB.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If they didn't elevate Clifford to be QB2 for the Eagles game, it seems pretty clear that Willis would be the starting QB.

This is probably right. I just hope Willis is a quick learner and they dont have to pare back the bells & whistles of the playbook to a great degree.

Just now, Leader said:

This is probably right. I just hope Willis is a quick learner and they dont have to pare back the bells & whistles of the playbook to a great degree.

I mean, I'd assume the playbook wouldn't be as wide open as it would be with Jordan Love.  But it stands to reason that a chunk of the playbook should/could be used.  Myers is going to take up a bigger role though.