Falcons @ Saints Discussion Thread - Sunday 12/24 at 1pm EST

Dome

I’m concerned about this game. Injuries have started to build up and Michael Thomas is now listed as questionable. 

Must win of course, I’m hoping we cleaned up our act from last week and that we won’t shout ourselves in the foot with stupid mistakes. 

Must win game. I am thinking 31-16 Saints. That being said, I hope the Saints put the freaking pedal down. I hope we CRUSH them. I wouldn't mind 40 points. I want them embarrassed. I want their pride slain. And even if we get that, run the table through the playoffs and win the Super Bowl...I still want to move on from Payton. I won't stop saying it till it happens (I know I will be saying it again next season).

11 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Gonna be a tough game, injuries everywhere.  Michael Thomas being out or sub 100% is a big blow.

This may be a little harsh but imma go ahead and say it...

This game is all on Drew Brees!

Im not gonna say its on him to win us a playoff game or carry the team but despite being riddled with injuries, this roster has allowed Brees to ride the coat tails of a stud running game and surging young defense all year. With a playoff berth on the line and a potential NFC South division title as well, playing at home aganist our arch rivals its time for Brees to step up and take control of this teams Destiny especially if hes hoping for a contract extention this offseason... This is a perfect game for Brees to prove he can still get it done for the Saints when they need it most.

8 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

This may be a little harsh but imma go ahead and say it...

This game is all on Drew Brees!

Im not gonna say its on him to win us a playoff game or carry the team but despite being riddled with injuries, this roster has allowed Brees to ride the coat tails of a stud running game and surging young defense all year. With a playoff berth on the line and a potential NFC South division title as well, playing at home aganist our arch rivals its time for Brees to step up and take control of this teams Destiny especially if hes hoping for a contract extention this offseason... This is a perfect game for Brees to prove he can still get it done for the Saints when they need it most.

Well everyone knows Brees is old and has lost some arm strength, he's not gonna be able to carry a team for longer than a drive or two.  The days of throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs are probably over, unless we had a supporting cast like Manning had in 2013.  

Now I still expect him to perform well, and for the most part he has, outside a game or two.  But we're in trouble if we can't run the ball or can't play defense, or both.

Archived