2024 Eagles regular season

8 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I personally like jalen more than Trevor but Trevor has had some pretty wild surrounding circumstances 

urban Meyer, press Taylor 

let’s not forget that for all the trash talking about howie the offensive line is performing better than last year somehow, Becton looks like a stud at guard, and we have saquon, AJ and devonta

But Lawrence is a fumbling machine and throws a ton of pick

Sounds like Hurts lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UndyTaker said:

Sounds like Hurts lol

Again I see a world where this makes sense for both teams

its never going to happen

im not remotely sure that teams will ever do something like this

but I do think this could become something teams start doing. Instead of being stuck with an expensive QB that starts to struggle, or entering the draft lottery 

why not trade for someone else’s guy like Goff and stafford. 

lions were trailblazers imo 

40 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

But Lawrence is a fumbling machine and throws a ton of pick

Career interception percentage

Lawrence 2.2

Hurts 2.3

Lawrence 34 fumbles in 52 starts

Hurts 38 fumbles in 53 starts

They are basically the same at turning over the ball.

Edited by downundermike
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Career interception percentage

Lawrence 2.2

Hurts 2.3

Lawrence 34 fumbles in 52 starts

Hurts 38 fumbles in 53 starts

They are basically the same at turning over the ball.

Fair

again i think there’s potential benefit 

I think both guys have strengths and weaknesses and could probably benefit greatly from a change of scenery

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

giphy.gif

See responses above 😂.  Couple guys have already made a strong argument.  People want to get hung up on the fact Hurts has taken this team to a Super Bowl. Well Goff took a team to a SB and got traded and Foles won us a SB after being traded, came back, and then unceremoniously being let go.  Beating Daniel Jones and beating the 49ers with Purdy not being able to throw a single pass after the 1st series is not that impressive.  That 2022 roster was absolutely stacked and any competent QB play could've cruised that team to the SB.  Hurts and Lawrence are basically the same player and neither have any business being paid at the top of the market among QB's.

Edited by CasperX22
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

See responses above 😂.  Couple guys have already made a strong argument.  People want to get hung up on the fact Hurts has taken this team to a Super Bowl. Well Goff took a team to a SB and got traded and Foles won us a SB after being traded, came back, and then unceremoniously being let go.  Beating Daniel Jones and beating the 49ers with Purdy not being able to throw a single pass after the 1st series is not that impressive.  That 2022 roster was absolutely stacked and any competent QB play could've cruised that team to the SB.  Hurts and Lawrence are basically the same player and neither have any business being paid at the top of the market among QB's.

I agree, if we throw out a lot of the data points a line and a square are the same too from a certain point of view.

Hurts has yet to ascend and at this point probably wont get back to that 2022 form. But I’ve yet to see even Hurts’ fine games out of Lawrence with any regularity.

Hurts is not great, but Lawrence isn’t barely even solid.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Hurts has yet to ascend and at this point probably wont get back to that 2022 form. But I’ve yet to see even Hurts’ fine games out of Lawrence with any regularity.

The only reason Lawrence is even being given the benefit of the doubt is the "Generational Talent " tag the was given. Let's be real. 

Absolutely nothing he has done in the NFL has warranted said reasoning. Nothing!!!

Hurts has his flaws. News flash every single QB in the NFL not named Pat Mahomes Does! Plain and simple. 

Anyone suggesting Hurts can not win a SB when he literally almost did but becuase his defense was *** cheeks, are a joke! 

Plain and simple!

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

The only reason Lawrence is even being given the benefit of the doubt is the "Generational Talent " tag the was given. Let's be real. 

Absolutely nothing he has done in the NFL has warranted said reasoning. Nothing!!!

Hurts has his flaws. News flash every single QB in the NFL not named Pat Mahomes Does! Plain and simple. 

Anyone suggesting Hurts can not win a SB when he literally almost did but becuase his defense was *** cheeks, are a joke! 

Plain and simple!

I don't think you realize the hypocrisy of this statement.  That's like if I were to say the only reason Hurts is given the benefit of doubt is bc of 2022.  There is a lot more data available that suggests he was never close to being as good as he appeared to be in that season at this point than does.  Sure any competent QB under perfect circumstance can get to a SB.  We don't need to look any further than a statue outside of the Linc for proof of that.  If you need a more recent example the Rams paid Goff to go away after taking the Rams to the SB and under perfect circumstances nearly took the Lions last year and got paid.  Need a more sobering example? Derek Carr was left for dead and through 2 weeks looks like an early MVP candidate.  Hurts has more in common with those guys than guys like Allen, Lamar, and Burrow who are a step below Mahomes and certainly even guys like Dak and Love.  

If Hurts were being paid like Geno Smith or even Derek Carr it would be a lot easier to swallow. The problem is he's being paid like those guys near the top of the league and it's going to handcuff the Eagles from being able to build another roster capable of getting back to the SB with Jalen. 

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I agree, if we throw out a lot of the data points a line and a square are the same too from a certain point of view.

Do you think Jaguar Jalen Hurts would look as good as Eagle Jalen Hurts? 

Most of this forum thinks we have no chance against NO without AJ Brown, yet our offense without AJ Brown is still better than anything T Law has had to work with. 

Edited by Jeezla

40 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So Jordan Davis is probably a bust huh? I’ve been in denial on this one but 2 years and some change and things are looking bleak.

He looked way better this time last year. It seems like if he isn't super heavy he is not as effective but if he is heavier he has little to no stamina.

I think we're also underestimating the impact of Cox's loss to this team. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So Jordan Davis is probably a bust huh? I’ve been in denial on this one but 2 years and some change and things are looking bleak.

I'd say it it's more of I don't think he's going to hit the ceiling we all had for him.  He's an excellent run defender, but there's just not much in his toolbox as a pass rusher other than trying to bull rush and overpower guys.

36 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

He looked way better this time last year. It seems like if he isn't super heavy he is not as effective but if he is heavier he has little to no stamina.

I think we're also underestimating the impact of Cox's loss to this team. 

Part of that has to do with run fits as a whole.  Davis can only occupy 2 gaps and Atlanta repeatedly ran right at Bryce Huff and Josh Sweat and their inability to set the edge.  Linebackers aren't touching the ball carrier until at least 5 yards deep bc there are wide open holes to run through with these guys getting washed down the line and CJGJ has been abysmal coming up and filling his gaps and missing tackles.  

20 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Obviously Stroud

But if we're just talking about replacing the player while keeping the same team then im also taking Caleb, Daniels, and McCarthy. Have to remember that those prospects would be behind our Oline and have our weapons.

We can sit here and stay with Hurts who we know wont get the job done, or we could at least give a shot to a prospect who has a chance at a higher ceiling. Im not wasting my time with Hurts, give me the prospects and see where it goes.

Wait....You would Take them over Hurts....What wait What...C'mon Man I'm Suppose to be the delusional one in this forum lol.