2024 Eagles regular season

59 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Until he proves otherwise, 2022 is the exception and not the rule.

Exactly.  We have 3+ seasons worth of data on Hurts at this point and 2022 to this point is a complete outlier.  He's proven himself to be a pretty middling starting QB at this point with ball security issues.  I feel confident he won't prove otherwise.

50 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Exactly.  We have 3+ seasons worth of data on Hurts at this point and 2022 to this point is a complete outlier.  He's proven himself to be a pretty middling starting QB at this point with ball security issues.  I feel confident he won't prove otherwise.

So you two are ignoring the previous 3 seasons and other 54 games started, based off the last 10 gms played with TO type ball? 

Before the last 10 games, his TO rated was among the league leaders, in the NFL? Why exactly is 2022, the outlier?

I'm sure his injury last year played Zero factor in the Hero ball type approach in an attempt to win games becausewe sucked in every other aspect of football???

To be clear for those who believe I am a Jalen Hurts apologist!!!!

I DO NOT Condon Hero Ball type play from a FQB! Facts are though....., He's not the only one doing it!! Here's  hoping Saquon,  AJ and Smitty getting healthy stops or limits him from taking this approach moving forward!!🙏🤞

In news that probably means nothing

bryce huff deleted every post eagles related, removed eagles from bio yada yada

same week news came out about Haason reddick would welcome a trade back to philly

also this happens right when the eagles are about to approach their bye week which is perfect timing to implement a traded for player.

is it nothing? Probably

but who knows, it’s intriguing 

Jim Schwartz was notorious for putting players in the Doghouse and them never getting out.

This reminds me of that. 

Huff couldn't be the 3 down LB/Pass Rusher Fangio wanted him to be so either Huff lost all confidence (Reagor) or Vic has decided, your not even worth putting on the field.

Either way this was a horrific signing by Howie if Fangio really never wanted him for "his defense" in the first place? I legit have questions on that?

I understand the financial implications, age,  potential holdout we've seen unfold in NY with Reddick but I'd love to know what his number truly was to remain a Eagle? 20M, 22M, 27M?

As of now we're wasting 17M APY on a player with 0 sacks, 0 solo tackles, 0 pressures thru 3 gms! 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

In news that probably means nothing

bryce huff deleted every post eagles related, removed eagles from bio yada yada

same week news came out about Haason reddick would welcome a trade back to philly

also this happens right when the eagles are about to approach their bye week which is perfect timing to implement a traded for player.

is it nothing? Probably

but who knows, it’s intriguing 

I mean I think all parties involved would welcome that move at this point. Jets look like they miss Huff and the Eagles look like they miss Reddick.  I can't imagine it ever happening, but it would be one of the more interesting trades to ever happen.

1. Dealing Huff in year 1 of his deal doesn't make much sense financially.  The amount of dead cap taken on would put the Eagles in a bind.

2. Reddick still needs a new deal.  See above dead cap+potentially needing to pay Reddick? Or you let him walk and you're essentially paying Huff's salary next year.  

I'm not sure there is a way to make that deal happen that makes sense for the Eagles.

46 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I mean I think all parties involved would welcome that move at this point. Jets look like they miss Huff and the Eagles look like they miss Reddick.  I can't imagine it ever happening, but it would be one of the more interesting trades to ever happen.

1. Dealing Huff in year 1 of his deal doesn't make much sense financially.  The amount of dead cap taken on would put the Eagles in a bind.

2. Reddick still needs a new deal.  See above dead cap+potentially needing to pay Reddick? Or you let him walk and you're essentially paying Huff's salary next year.  

I'm not sure there is a way to make that deal happen that makes sense for the Eagles.

Yeah it both makes complete sense on one level and none on another

very unlikely to happen

having said that if the eagles determine that huff is a busted decision you have to kind of unload him before it gets worse.

i think Maxwell was unloaded earlier than they would’ve like too. Not this early but early.

its hard to ignore huff deleting everything. It could be as simple as he’s been benched but even then you probably want to move on 

I’m not thrilled with reddicks likely price tag not am I thrilled with a guy who’s missed this much time, but at this point Baun and Nolan are better than huff anyways, so can reddick even be worse after a 4 weeks of practicing and limited snap counts until he’s back in shape?

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

so can reddick even be worse after a 4 weeks of practicing and limited snap counts until he’s back in shape?

I'll go out on a limb and emphatically say. If Reddick signed Monday,  he'd have at least 1 tackle vs the Browns in week 6 after the Bye if active.

Which is more then 3 weeks of Huff!

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'll go out on a limb and emphatically say. If Reddick signed Monday,  he'd have at least 1 tackle vs the Browns in week 6 after the Bye if active.

Which is more then 3 weeks of Huff!

I agree. It’d be a ballsy move by howie if he actually admitted a mistake like that. Especially with how much that’d piss off lurie. 

• Like 1