James Harrison Released

Chieferific

59 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Just terrible. Must have pissed of  the HC. Pats will probably sign him now.

Should have released Moats , this really is lousy. The FO 9_9

I know you're a blind Harrison fanboy, but its time to accept his career is over. 

My only issue is they seemed to have misused him this year. If he wasn't good enough to be on the field then he shouldn't have been on the team.  Also, if they didn't think he was up to snuff then he should have been the cut opposed to Watson (Imo). I agree, there was prolly some sort of blow up behind closed doors.

21 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

My only issue is they seemed to have misused him this year. If he wasn't good enough to be on the field then he shouldn't have been on the team.  Also, if they didn't think he was up to snuff then he should have been the cut opposed to Watson (Imo). I agree, there was prolly some sort of blow up behind closed doors.

lots of all of this

I really thought they were going to use him at end of games and stuff like that like they did in the KC game when he recorded his only sack of the season. I remember hearing during a game recently that he said he would have never returned if he knew he was going to be infrequently used. Still, some of the reactions I've read at other places are ridiculous. The team is 11-3 without him contributing anything with the exception of that sack. It's not like they are releasing their most important defensive player. Would I have liked to have seen him used more? Sure, but in reality this isn't a major move on the field.

23 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I agree. The only thing I can think of why they kept is to provide mentoring to the younger OLBs.

4 minutes ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

I really thought they were going to use him at end of games and stuff like that like they did in the KC game when he recorded his only sack of the season. I remember hearing during a game recently that he said he would have never returned if he knew he was going to be infrequently used. Still, some of the reactions I've read at other places are ridiculous. The team is 11-3 without him contributing anything with the exception of that sack. It's not like they are releasing their most important defensive player. Would I have liked to have seen him used more? Sure, but in reality this isn't a major move on the field.

For me it was a hope that he could come in during the postseason healthy and fresh and apply much needed pressure. That was naïve. 

I think he will be back, to be honest. Playoff time is when you need players like Harrison- with or without his performance on the field.

Yes, we got Marcus Gilbert back but I think this move has more to do with Antonio Brown. He isn't being IR and won't play until the playoff. Once we got Brown back, we will cut one of the inexperienced receiver, likely Justin Hunter.

Not worried.

21 hours ago, Alex said:

I think he will be back, to be honest. Playoff time is when you need players like Harrison- with or without his performance on the field.

Yes, we got Marcus Gilbert back but I think this move has more to do with Antonio Brown. He isn't being IR and won't play until the playoff. Once we got Brown back, we will cut one of the inexperienced receiver, likely Justin Hunter.

Not worried.

Hopefully that's how it shakes out.  He remains a FA and later on someone of lesser need can be cut to bring him back.  It would sure suck if the Cheatriot Scum picked him up just long enough to pick his brain and then cut him.

Archived