James Harrison Released

Chieferific

Harrison has given fisher problems in pass protection.  BB probably had this as a deciding factor in the signing of Harrison IMO.  The Ravens were possibly a team the pats would have played and Harrison played them really good over the years. The the steelers, we know how JH is familiar with them.  If the rematch happens, it should be classic, and lets hope the refs don't ruin it. If it is a blizzard, that could be nice too, maybe like the bills/colts game. 

The jags have not played well as of late and what if the weather is really cold in PA when the jags come to town - can they play in this weather? Fournette chewed up our D last time, and running games travel and play in the cold and our run D has been suspect. Lots could happen between now and the AFCCG. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Two years ago, there was a situation where we beat the Broncos in a similarly heart-breaking way (for them), and the way the rest of the season panned out - it was all roads heading for an AFCCG rematch Patriots vs Broncos. The Denver fans were talking for weeks (ever since the aforementioned game) about what they'll do to beat NE. I too expected to play Denver (I wasn't looking forward to it, just like I'm not looking forward to a possible PIT rematch) but I did appreciate that we still had to beat KC to make it. That one was probably equally hyped as we'd been duking it out with them for a few years.

We did beat KC, but Denver lost to Indie, much to their utter shock. In their game day thread that day, if you didn't know better, it was like they were playing us. Similarly, we've been doing the same in our forum. There's a thread about how we can perform better in "the rematch". Got me thinking, complacency is a real killer.....

So hype yes, it will be a great, nerve wracking game (for me). But I'm checking myself, because I can see us losing to KC again. 

P.S - One of your guys told me Harrison owns Fisher. Bunny style. This true?

He gave him issues last year, most notably drawing a game winning holding call last year in the playoffs. This year it was one of the only games he played in and where he got his sack for us. 

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

Harrison has given fisher problems in pass protection.  BB probably had this as a deciding factor in the signing of Harrison IMO.  The Ravens were possibly a team the pats would have played and Harrison played them really good over the years. The the steelers, we know how JH is familiar with them.  If the rematch happens, it should be classic, and lets hope the refs don't ruin it. If it is a blizzard, that could be nice too, maybe like the bills/colts game. 

The jags have not played well as of late and what if the weather is really cold in PA when the jags come to town - can they play in this weather? Fournette chewed up our D last time, and running games travel and play in the cold and our run D has been suspect. Lots could happen between now and the AFCCG. 

I hope you smash them, personally. Been far too cocky for me :D

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The jags seem like that to see too, but what have they won? The won the south but lost to titans twice, FWIW.  This year they might be 1 and done, which will teach them for next year. Sometimes that happens to teams, it's a lesson they needed.  After the 94 season we guys talking trash in the playoffs, and then we were at home watching the SB

10 hours ago, 3rivers said:

The jags seem like that to see too, but what have they won? The won the south but lost to titans twice, FWIW.  This year they might be 1 and done, which will teach them for next year. Sometimes that happens to teams, it's a lesson they needed.  After the 94 season we guys talking trash in the playoffs, and then we were at home watching the SB

I believe the fans of the "new success" teams are like this. Both Rams and Jags fans have been very cocksure in NFL Gen. The thing that gets me is you're not allowed to criticize their team or their players, otherwise a lot of them get VERY precious. I think with our two teams, we've learnt how quickly it can all be taken away.

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I believe the fans of the "new success" teams are like this. Both Rams and Jags fans have been very cocksure in NFL Gen. The thing that gets me is you're not allowed to criticize their team or their players, otherwise a lot of them get VERY precious. I think with our two teams, we've learnt how quickly it can all be taken away.

We've been there, done that.  These other fans are just getting a taste of success.  It's like when a kid first hits puberty, shoots up 6 inches and lowers his voice an octave, all of a sudden he thinks he's Superman.  :D

On 2018-01-05 at 1:13 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

if today is the best the jags have played in a while, I can't see them winning next week. They also appear to break the rules and get away with it, headlock tackling a QB, forearm to the face etc. They had hometown officiating, but not next game. Bortles isn't playing his best either, so it will come down to our run D which got exposed in the last meeting . 

I would run at the middle especially Dareus as he takes downs off and remember the last time we pushed him around all game when he was with the bills. 

22 hours ago, 3rivers said:

if today is the best the jags have played in a while, I can't see them winning next week. They also appear to break the rules and get away with it, headlock tackling a QB, forearm to the face etc. They had hometown officiating, but not next game. Bortles isn't playing his best either, so it will come down to our run D which got exposed in the last meeting . 

I would run at the middle especially Dareus as he takes downs off and remember the last time we pushed him around all game when he was with the bills. 

That last minute INT by Ramsey that was reviewed and upheld looked awfully similar to JJ's "Non-catch". I try to move on but they pull me back in!

4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

That last minute INT by Ramsey that was reviewed and upheld looked awfully similar to JJ's "Non-catch". I try to move on but they pull me back in!

the concussive headlock tackle on the qb and the forearm to the face to were examples of missed calls and goon like play IMO.  

Might as well move on, as in don't care when there is a dispute over the play/catch. Just a waste of time until they change the rule. survive the ground etc just hogwash. The league is hypocritical with rules and safety for the players.  Just tolerate what we can , expect it to get worse and worse. 

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

That one didn't really bother me.  Looked pretty clean from where I was sitting.  

7 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

did this same person do this with other greats such as Lloyd, Woodson, Harris etc? I just don't understand it and also think Harrison is going to be a factor in these playoffs and it makes the decision to not play look really bad.

8 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

did this same person do this with other greats such as Lloyd, Woodson, Harris etc? I just don't understand it and also think Harrison is going to be a factor in these playoffs and it makes the decision to not play look really bad.

I don't know but what I found to be amazing was the football figurines on the roof of the car.xD

Archived