Steelers cut James Harrison

RedRider

57 minutes ago, Malik said:

That player loyalty. Remember a couple weeks ago where every sportscaster in America was publicly weeping on every forum possible about Eli being benched. They'll all say this is a necessary move and football is just business.

Harrison wanted to be cut. He was tired of not getting PT.

Does this seem like a lack of respect or does anyone think he wants this to be his final year, but not on the sideline? I could understand if this was a mutual move so he could go to a playoff team where his role would be greater, but otherwise I wouldn't expect the Steelers to just drop him this late in the year.

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Does this seem like a lack of respect or does anyone think he wants this to be his final year, but not on the sideline? I could understand if this was a mutual move so he could go to a playoff team where his role would be greater, but otherwise I wouldn't expect the Steelers to just drop him this late in the year.

So is he expecting to go to a legit contender and get PT? 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So is he expecting to go to a legit contender and get PT? 

Legit contenders are often largely due to elite QBs (at least if they are consistently contenders, not one year wonders), they can have holes too. Sometimes that is in the pass rush department.

As Chiefer said, Chiefs may need help, they are tied for the 6th fewest sacks in the NFL right now. NE and DAL are middle of the pack and only has 6  more sacks, etc.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So then why cut him?

For a roster spot.  I think it was a low-down dirty deed they did to him.  Sure, he's 39 and has lost a step in coverage, but then why sign him in the first place?  I realize with the emergence of Watt, he's become more expendable, but I would've liked to see him as a special weapon to be deployed come playoff time.  Give the opposing QB (& LT) something to think about.  But I guess they didn't value him anymore.  

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

He was an aging player who clearly lost a step in the coaches eye since he was cut and received zero playing time. It's a business decision and since he's just a taking up a roster spot along with he doesn't play on special teams or defense and they needed a roster spot he had to go.

I'm kind of surprised the steelers didn't cut him earlier in the season considering he was rotting on the bench for most of the year.

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Don't see him as HOF player even though had a few HOF type seasons. I think hanging around the last few years has harmed him in that regard. 

He'll make it just for that play he made in the SB. It was one of the best plays in history. The guy was fierce when he was at the top of his game.

25 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

He'll make it just for that play he made in the SB. It was one of the best plays in history. The guy was fierce when he was at the top of his game.

A single play shouldn't get you into the HOF. :)

I don't think Marshawn Lynch will make it for instance, even though his run against the Saints was one of the most impressive runs in NFL history. 

Archived