Rapoport: Ted Phillips Compiling List of Head Coaches

G08

I think people may be overreacting to this news just a bit.  If this is true and they end up hiring a guy that we all want then I'm not really concerned.

Phillips may merely be trying gauge potential candidates' interest and if/when they accept the invitation to interview it will be Pace doing all the interviewing to see how they gel with one another and determine if it's a good fit.

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think people may be overreacting to this news just a bit.  If this is true and they end up hiring a guy that we all want then I'm not really concerned.

Phillips may merely be trying gauge potential candidates' interest and if/when they accept the invitation to interview it will be Pace doing all the interviewing to see how they gel with one another and determine if it's a good fit.

Agreed...it wouldn't shock me if this was the way all franchises go about their business...at this stage of the season you want your GM being consumed in draft and FA prep...let Phillips draw up who should be interviewed then let Pace lead those interviews.

The only way I am cool with Ted making calls if it is to gage the interest of a big fish that may reduce Pace’s power.

Pace is not going to hire a big name that threatens his power and control.

If Ted is calling Rivera, Shaw, Harbaugh, then so be it. If 

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Agreed...it wouldn't shock me if this was the way all franchises go about their business...at this stage of the season you want your GM being consumed in draft and FA prep...let Phillips draw up who should be interviewed then let Pace lead those interviews.

Ted is not qualified to put a list together.

Pace has enough staff and time to be doing this.

Dan Bernstien

Sources:  any #Bears coaching hire will be made by Pace.  Ted Phillips's only role is to contact other teams regarding availability of potential candidates, in his capacity as president.  Bears just following protocol in that regard.  1/2

Pace is the top #Bears football voice.  At this stage, Phillips is ensuring that all contractual and league obligations are followed properly as they consider options.  2/2

30 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Ted is not qualified to put a list together.

Pace has enough staff and time to be doing this.

He is more than qualified to put a list together...hell we all have for weeks...

As long as Pace is leading the interviews we are all good...sounds like standard practice to me.

Archived