Rapoport: Ted Phillips Compiling List of Head Coaches

G08

All three Bernstein tweets, in order:

“Sources:  any #Bears coaching hire will be made by Pace.  Ted Phillips's only role is to contact other teams regarding availability of potential candidates, in his capacity as president.  Bears just following protocol in that regard.  1/2

Pace is the top #Bears football voice.  At this stage, Phillips is ensuring that all contractual and league obligations are followed properly as they consider options.  2/2

#Bears sources also say any contract negotiation with a new coach would involve Phillips, but only after Pace makes the hiring decision.  Money guy superseded by football guy, as it should be.”

I’ll take a long explanation from Dan Bernstein, who’s pretty connected to Bears minority owners, over a one-liner/quick-hitter from Rapoport.

1 hour ago, IronMike84 said:

I kind of think Bears fans WANT Phillips to be controlling everything just so they have something to ***** about incessantly.

They will no matter what happens. We could go 19-0 and if we lost a preseason game fans (not here as much as on other sites, Facebook, etc) would still ***** about it.

On 2017-12-24 at 7:03 PM, IronMike84 said:

I kind of think Bears fans WANT Phillips to be controlling everything just so they have something to ***** about incessantly.

59 loses in the 6 years George has been Chairman.

No one needs to look for things to be pissee about.

This Browns like bottom out for the Bears was the brain child of Phil Emery, who Ted hired, that is why he takes a ton of ****.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

59 loses in the 6 years George has been Chairman.

No one needs to look for things to be pissee about.

This Browns like bottom out for the Bears was the brain child of Phil Emery, who Ted hired, that is why he takes a ton of ****.

Ted took a ton of crap before Phil Emery.  People just see the team president title and assume hes involved in football decisions and he isnt a mccaskey so he doesnt have to sell the team to b fired.  

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Lester Witfong

Zaidman is usually pretty conservative.

They'll stop at the head coach, unless they are talking about something above Pace, which won't ever happen.

24 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I would love an announcement on monday that john mcdonough is taking over as team president.  No hes not a football guy but he gets how to build a franchise and how to let his football guys make football decisions.  

Sure, but ZERO chance the Hawks let him go. 

Archived