2024 WEEK 2 | vs Atlanta (MNF)

Kiltman

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Framing Saquon dropping a wide open three yard pass that instantly wins us the game as a play his receiver can’t make is WILD. Especially after you eviscerated him for bad decision making based on that last throw. 

If you want to focus on Jalen I really don’t know what to say. He isn’t elite, he never will be. I agree that last week he was terrible, but if we are coming out of this game blaming him I think there are shades on someone…. But it isn’t me. 

Nobody is putting 100% or even 50% of the blame on Hurts, we're just saying he isn't totally blameless. Saquon gets blame. Defense/Fangio gets blame. Nick gets blame. But Hurts doesn't get a free pass.
Justin herbert doesn't throw a pick there. Josh Allen doesn't throw a pick there. Jared Goff probably doesn't throw a pick there. They might not drive down for the win, but they also ain't throwing a bad pick.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It's fine if he doesn't drive us down the field, you just can't end it with a pick that nobody on your own team has a chance at catching.

Completely agreed. He CANT be the reason why you lose. Not at this point in his career and what we’re paying him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Completely agreed. He CANT be the reason why you lose. Not at this point in his career and what we’re paying him. 

He's not the reason we lost, but he could have been the reason we won, and wasn't. Didn't even give himself a chance, however small that chance would have been.

Edited by Jeezla

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Nobody is putting 100% or even 50% of the blame on Hurts, we're just saying he isn't totally blameless. Saquon gets blame. Defense/Fangio gets blame. Nick gets blame. But Hurts doesn't get a free pass.
Justin herbert doesn't throw a pick there. Josh Allen doesn't throw a pick there. Jared Goff probably doesn't throw a pick there. They might not drive down for the win, but they also ain't throwing a bad pick.

He literally said he is the reason we lost the game. People are saying this. That is what I’m responding too. 

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Did you ever consider that maybe QB1 kinda sucks ???

I don't think Jalen sucks, he's just mid. There are definitely worse QB's, but no doubt Jalen basically stinks at going through progressions/reading the whole field/staring down his primary target.

He's capable of making good throws- which is why I say he's mid and not outright crap, but not with the consistency you need, and too often he takes a second too long to pull the trigger, even on his "good" throws.

Kellen Moore might not even be mid, but I guess he is better than Brian Johnson. That's subject to change over the next couple of weeks tho. I don't think Herbert misses him. Yet another reason to hate Dak Prescott. He basically got this man 2 jobs outside of Dallas on the goodwill of how many points they scored together while beating up on bad teams.

Edited by Jeezla

They deserved every bit of this loss and potentially can derail their entire season.  Just about everyone deserves to eat it from both coordinators atrocious play calling at points in the game, to the non-existent defense when they needed em most, to Barkley dropping a ball on a play he makes 99 out of 100 times in his sleep, to Jalen Hurts inability to function like a franchise QB.  

Bryce Huff if I could cut him tomorrow I would.  He's been a non-factor in the pass rush and is responsible for losing the edge on so many run plays.  He's proving he's a situational pass rusher and he can't even do that at this point.

I'm beyond sick of the defensive scheme at this point.  You can't play that soft if you can't get any pressure up front.  Fangio did a much better job last week at dialing up situational blitzes, but he was awful in this game.  Every time he dialed it up in this game they got ripped apart and when they were in base they got smoked.

CJGJ also I would cut tomorrow if I could.  What is he good for except running his mouth?

Hard to lay blame at Barkley's feet bc he's been the entire offense in the 1st 2 weeks, but man that play has to be made.

Kellen Moore...run the GD ball.  Your FQB ain't it. Can put as much window dressing on it as you like, but it's not going to help Hurts.  If I can sit there watching from my couch from the broadcast angle and be able to call out what coverage Atlanta is in, but Hurts can't figure it out, then you better hope Barkley can carry this team.

This feels like a weird game to hammer on Hurts bc he wasn't even close to being the worst offender in this one, but I'll keep harping on it until he's gone or Hurts magically figures it out.  Hurts isn't a FQB.  The sooner some of you guys come to that conclusion, the less painful it will be.  He's just not it.  We're in year 5, he's supposed to have figured it out by now.  He's just not good when he doesn't have the benefit of being able to mask his passing deficiencies with his ability to run.  He has no idea what he's looking at while out on that field.  I couldn't help but laugh as excuses were being made that nobody was open out there.  Atlanta was literally daring Jalen to beat them with his arm giving him all day and he was running himself into harms way constantly and not able to find the open man.  Make no mistake receivers are open, Jalen just has zero capability of getting through his progressions and if you can take away his primary read on the plan he panics and it becomes a scramble drill even from a clean pocket.  I guess we should be thankful he's not Daniel Jones or Bryce Young, but he's not even worth half of what the Eagles are paying him especially considering the talent he is surrounded with.

just feels like I already know where this season is headed

more of this, win streak in December, lose a close one in the playoffs.

Nick is safe, run it back, Howie moves a bunch of chips onto getting the one big thing we lacked…now it’s edge instead of DB.

2025 Eagles are a up and down team that wins enough to make the playoffs but not do anything with it.

Just a demoralizing loss that makes me just sigh. 

Id kill for even a 12-15th ranked defense that can actually do something. RN the only joy is blocking out the rest of the dline as one guy at a time steps up and when the DBs actually get to make a play (when they are actually within 10 feet of the guy catching the balll)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

The best time to fire nick was after the playoff game. The next best time is today. The dysfunction is clearly still present.

I'm not even sure that's the case, but it's obvious to me and has been for the entirety of Hurts career that he just isn't that good.  Would I be sad to see Sirianni go? No.  If he can't elevate the level of his teams play, then what is he really doing here?  The offense works with competent QB play.  The defense on the other hand is a complete mess right now.  Fangio needs to adjust to the skill set of the personnel on the roster.  They simply cannot get gashed in the run game like that and expect to succeed.  It just felt like Fangio was on roller skates all night with the base defense getting absolutely gashed on the ground and then when he would dial up some pressure they would get exploited.  Gotta make plays on 1st down to get favorable down and distances and they simply couldn't do that bc they refused to make adjustments.

My Biggest Takeaways - 

Barkley Kept us in the game all day / He did make 1 huge misplay however without him we wouldn't of been in the game.

Hurts again doesn't seem to know how to progress through his reads. Multiple plays Goedert / Dotson got open / Separation, However he was soo eagle eyed on Devonte all damn game. 

Defensively The Scheme does not fit the players we have except in the secondary. DL/LB do not fit Fangios Scheme. Our DL is not fit for a 5-2 style of formation. Especially when we have 0 Blitzing. 

Basically our DLINE is setup to FAIL w/ this scheme. Nolan / Huff / Davis / Carter are all being set up to fail badly. 

I know everyone touts Fangios system, I'm just not for it. I wasn't before the Hiring and I'm not a fan to current either. 

Also why is Hurts always goes for the 30-40 Yard Pass over he 15 when we need a FG...He plays more Hero Ball then Wentz did lol. 

Edited by IrishHooligan00
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Last Stand said:

They’re 2 new systems. I’m more concerned about defensive line personnel 

that’s something that seems unfixable

That is front office mal practice. 3 first round picks in two years, one third round pick this year, big contract in 2022 and another one this year. That is a money/picks pit.