2024 Week 2 GDT: Bengals @ Chiefs

Jakuvious

Chiefs obviously are unable to just win. They obviously need to put on a bit of drama on any game.
And the game plan looked something weird to me. Somehow I got the feeling they are holding back on alot of things. But against the Bengals?

In other news:

Samije Perine - didn't he play?
I saw a lot of Nico Johnson out there. Not really convinced.
Kelce: 1/5. Really?

17 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

🫤

Yeah, cupboard is pretty bare for a true replacement. Dalvin Cook if Dallas hasn’t officially called him up, Hunt (we know what’s been said there) then bit players, McKinnon, Murray etc.

9 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

And the game plan looked something weird to me. Somehow I got the feeling they are holding back on alot of things. But against the Bengals?

I couldn’t agree more, it was like all of a sudden we were afraid to take any shots. I get the bengals are a tough win for us but I just felt like the play calling was super off. Mahomes obviously was, maybe he was ill or something. Definitely didn’t feel like a chiefs game.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I couldn’t agree more, it was like all of a sudden we were afraid to take any shots. I get the bengals are a tough win for us but I just felt like the play calling was super off. Mahomes obviously was, maybe he was ill or something. Definitely didn’t feel like a chiefs game.

That last drive was a…head scratcher. Like we showed no urgency and did a short pass and a run. Then it’s 4th and 6, and even Tony Romo is like well maybe they prefer that??? and we get a penalty pushing us back further.

We lucked out with the obvious PI, didn’t think they really deserved this win. Back to ugly football full of penalties and turnovers. If it wasn’t for Pacheco playing his tail off we likely lose. 

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

That last drive was a…head scratcher. Like we showed no urgency and did a short pass and a run. Then it’s 4th and 6, and even Tony Romo is like well maybe they prefer that??? and we get a penalty pushing us back further.

We lucked out with the obvious PI, didn’t think they really deserved this win. Back to ugly football full of penalties and turnovers. If it wasn’t for Pacheco playing his tail off we likely lose. 

I’m also REALLY puzzled by the seeming lack of harmony between Patrick and Travis. I know they had the big play called back but these guys are usually step in step, and this far it just doesn’t seem there. With Rashee and X I really thought Kelce could have a monster year, but so far no dice. Hopefully it’s just ironing out the kinks with the new LT, getting timing down etc.

11 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I’m also REALLY puzzled by the seeming lack of harmony between Patrick and Travis. I know they had the big play called back but these guys are usually step in step, and this far it just doesn’t seem there. With Rashee and X I really thought Kelce could have a monster year, but so far no dice. Hopefully it’s just ironing out the kinks with the new LT, getting timing down etc.

He’s still getting a lot of attention. He’s pulling two or three guys in coverage. 

but yeah it’s weird, makes me think old age is finally creeping up. I’m seeing more Taylor than Kelce on game days