Last Games in a Packer Uniform - 2017 Edition

TheOnlyThing

Just now, gizmo2012 said:

So sign the oft injured and under performing Watkins and cut Jordy who was havin a good year until Rodgers got hurt LOL. You people I swear. 

I don't even know what's going on with any of this since the last sentence of what you quoted is not something I said and I never suggested cutting Nelson. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't have a problem with cutting any of them, and you gotta stop this argument because  your argument is FAR from fair.  This whole thing started by YOU saying that you were 100% SURE any UDFA could replace their production.

That is fundamentally not true.  I would cut Hundley/Davis/Fackrell today if there was a better option available than them.  I mean this with the utmost respect and I'm really not trying to be a jerk, but you're out of your mind if you think we have a 10% chance at finding a better option than Hundley/Fackrell/Davis as an undrafted free agent next year. 

I don't know why you find it so difficult to admit you exaggerated. 

I said an UDFA option would do as good or better than. It's not like we're talking about six or seven sacks here with Fackrell. 3 sacks. 5 over two years. Jayrone Elliott had 3 sacks. Frank Zombo had 4 as an UDFA. Erik Walden had 3 in 9 games out of nowhere. 

I am not exaggerating. I don't have any hope for those guys. All they are doing is taking reps from players who may actually develop with the opportunity. I'm not saying its certain a UDFA would be better. I'm saying they wouldn't be any worse. Those players are that bad.

Believe me, I'm not taking your response as being a jerk, nor am I trying to win an argument. I'm saying I know those guys are duds, so I'd rather try a different body. Same with Dom Capers. We've given him forever to turn it around because of his history. Unfortunately, there isn't any reason anymore to think he can. We've drafted Defense heavy. We've chalked seasons up to injury. We've given him a hall pass over and over again. It hasn't worked out. Time to try something new.

Here's my personal opinion on who needs to be gone after this year.. I understand not all of this is possible, but this is what I would like to do.

Ahmad Brooks - I can count on one hand how many times i've heard his name called for making a play this year.

Morgan Burnett - He's been productive thus far in his career but seems like he's already in the back-end of his career (I know, he's only going to be 29) but he's been having a hard time staying on the field this year.

Joe Thomas - Injuries and the production just isn't there.

Fackrell - Shows signs of hope at times but pretty scarcely.

Trevor Davis - I'm at my wits end with this guy. Statically he's in the top 10 in returning, but the mistakes he makes don't make the stat sheet. Has had a few GOOD returns this year, but i'm over him. Some of his blunders include: Fair catch on the 5, fair catch when there wasn't a gunner anywhere near him, letting the ball bounce outside of the 20 and have it roll inside the ten to be touched down..... And my favorite that happened on Saturday vs the Vikings - Run a fly route, beat the defender - Hundley puts the ball right on the mark, lands about a yard or two in front of Davis and he DIDN'T EVEN PUT HIS HANDS OUT TO MAKE AN ATTEMPT. Sorry - Rant over lol

Hundley - Late round draft pick, 3 years in the system and still can't get a grasp on it - I don't see a reason to hold onto him any longer

Bulaga - He's been productive for the Franchise but a serious knee injury, he's aging... Its time to move on.

Restructure or Cut

Matthews - Lets be honest. He's lost a couple steps, he's no where near the pass rusher he was a couple years ago. I think he would still be an asset for us but I don't see a reason to have him on the field every down. See if we can restructure a deal or honestly take a hike, bod.

Jordy - Pains me to say it but he's sloping down-hill, would love to see him stay a Packer for life. He still has that chemistry with Rodgers with still makes an asset for this receiving core. But the down-side is, if Rodgers goes down again, we see how unproductive he can be. 

This all may seem a little far-fetched but still optimistic to realism, but let me know you think!

W/O reading through this thread, I would say Jordy Nelson, Bryan Bulaga and possibly Davante Adams and Brett Hundley.....I think Jordy will retire....If that doesn't happen, I doubt GB will keep two $10/yr. receivers in Nelson and Cobb and than try to add Adams....Adams being the best of the three, I would like to see them try to sign him to stay here....But have to believe he will get a good deal of attention in the FA market....

Aren't Clay Matthew and A-Rod up for new contracts?....

4 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

W/O reading through this thread, I would say Jordy Nelson, Bryan Bulaga and possibly Davante Adams and Brett Hundley.....I think Jordy will retire....If that doesn't happen, I doubt GB will keep two $10/yr. receivers in Nelson and Cobb and than try to add Adams....Adams being the best of the three, I would like to see them try to sign him to stay here....But have to believe he will get a good deal of attention in the FA market....

Aren't Clay Matthew and A-Rod up for new contracts?....

I see Clay is signed through next year and AR through 2020...

Heard today that Ahmad Brooks is NOT in the Packers plans for 2018.

I'm guessing the team is hoping to get more than 1.5 sacks out of OLBer #3 next season and doesn't think Brooks has much left in the tank as he turns 34 before next season begins.

If true, 1 down and 4 to go on

Archived