Doctson Bustometer

Doc Draper

In essentially his rookie season he has 465 receiving yards and 6 TDs.  That ain’t bad.

Im not sure if he’ll ever be a dominant #1 WR, but he projects as a solid #2 imo.  His size gives us a good red zone threat too.  We just need someone with speed to pair with him.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I don’t understand why you think he was a wasted pick.  Our WRs would be god awful without him.

Bad routes. Drops too many balls. Can't get separation unless its blown coverage. If it weren't for his height and jumping ability, he'd be a true bust. Right now, he's at best a #2 WR. And I don't want to waste a 1st on a #2 WR.

As for our WRs looking god awful without him, that says more about the poor play of them than Dox

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Bad routes. Drops too many balls. Can't get separation unless its blown coverage. If it weren't for his height and jumping ability, he'd be a true bust. Right now, he's at best a #2 WR. And I don't want to waste a 1st on a #2 WR.

As for our WRs looking god awful without him, that says more about the poor play of them than Dox

A #2 WR is a starter.  Getting a starter out of a first round pick isn’t a waste.

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

A #2 WR is a starter.  Getting a starter out of a first round pick isn’t a waste.

I can get a "starter" out of my Day 2 picks.

Day 1?? I want a guy who makes defensive coordinators have to gameplan against.

Right now, he's a waste of a 1st. Not a waste of a pick. Just don't see the ROI from our 1st rounder, yet.

Shouldn’t have traded down and passed on Will Fuller for Doctson. And since we did trade down, we should have taken the better WR prospect, my Buckeye Michael Thomas or the starting NT for Green Bay Kenny Clark

All that being said, I do agree with Mknight here that Doctson will get better and while he may never be a dominant #1, he’s going to develop into a good wr for us over the next two seasons. I think he’ll get more consistent next year and the drops he’s accrued over this season will become a distant memory in time. 

18 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I can get a "starter" out of my Day 2 picks.

Day 1?? I want a guy who makes defensive coordinators have to gameplan against.

Right now, he's a waste of a 1st. Not a waste of a pick. Just don't see the ROI from our 1st rounder, yet.

Sure, right now, which is essentially his rookie season. No doubt he needs to get better as a route runner and stop dropping so many passes but I have to believe he will get better over the next two seasons and earn his 5th year option in 2020 as well.

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sure, right now, which is essentially his rookie season. No doubt he needs to get better as a route runner and stop dropping so many passes but I have to believe he will get better over the next two seasons and earn his 5th year option in 2020 as well.

He's had two offseasons. And he should be better than a typical "rookie season". Sorry, he's still not worth the 1st round pick. 2nd? Yes. But not first.

He needs to really get with someone this offseasona and work his tail off because next year he needs to have a DeAndre Hopkins type leap from his rookie to second season even though I know this is Docs 2nd going on 3rd. I like the kid it’s time to show up though and really step up.

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

He needs to really get with someone this offseasona and work his tail off because next year he needs to have a DeAndre Hopkins type leap from his rookie to second season even though I know this is Docs 2nd going on 3rd. I like the kid it’s time to show up though and really step up.

This would be great!

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

He's had two offseasons. And he should be better than a typical "rookie season". Sorry, he's still not worth the 1st round pick. 2nd? Yes. But not first.

Actually, sadly he battled injuries in each of his two offseason which not only stunted his own growth but his chemistry with Cousins.

It really doesn’t matter where he was drafted anymore. Once a guy becomes a starter and what is perceived to be a good starter it just maters that he continues to grow in his role and get better.

We need to stop making excuses. I do it too

weve had injuries, but so what, every team has injuries every year and some have been worse than ours. Kirks our mvp and been healthy all year. The thing that bothers me is when our “great starters” get injured a lot of time the backups did better. Nscheke not starting on our line last year is coaching malpractice. Failure to adapt leads to extinction -Darwin

doctson to date is a bust. Can he have it all click and suddenly become a legitimate number 1? Probably not. He was targeted a dozen times by Kirk and ended up with 2 catches. About 80% of Kirk’s I completes we’re to him. If I’m a qb he doesn’t see another ball or at best is my last option 

Archived